Made my missus a little herb chopper out of an old bit of leaf spring .... just before quenching I hammered in some hammer marks and left the forge scale on top for decoration ...... I was going to put a bog oak handle on it but she has decided she wants it just metal so I’m going to see if I have got enough steel in the tang to draw it out and squirrel tail it ........ 

B29BC383-B9A7-4EB4-BCCE-B45186350228.jpeg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, socks said:

Managed to draw enough Steele out of the tang to make a squirrel tail handle.

5C1B0E14-A6A1-4089-9793-2491B7316475.jpeg

FairPlay Ken getting better every time lovely to see people still capable of old traditional methods in this world of computer driven laser cutting boring mass produced shite ???

5 hours ago, Greyman said:

FairPlay Ken getting better every time lovely to see people still capable of old traditional methods in this world of computer driven laser cutting boring mass produced shite ???

Cheers mate. 

https://youtu.be/Bi5Zj6mD1-M   Alright gents don’t no if you are aware of this lad but he seems to be living the dream and in this episode and the next one he is on the forge makes a catty and a chopper very much like Ken’s might be some useful hints for the blacksmiths amongst you, or just a good watch when there is shite on telly ??.

This lad has loads of videos on YouTube I often watch one or two episodes in the bath of an evening in this episode and the next he has the blacksmith round with the forge and they make a catty and a chopper very much like Ken’s might be some useful tips or just a bit of light relief from the normal shite on tv and his catty trick shots are spot on ????