BASC Say carry on pest control

Has anyone on here actually applied for an individual licence to shoot any other of the pests that were taken off the General Licence and have yet to be reinstated?

I applied for one to deal with a feral pigeon job and recieved confirmation of my application but have heard nothing since.

The G,L,s are the same but they <BASC> are saying it means you can carry on as before providing non lethal is tried first and didnt work  ie you meet the terms of the licence by trying bangers ,rattles noise etc first then you can shoot them .The actual "new licence " is the same but they are "saying" yes you can now shoot pigeons and eat and sell them

.And you can shoot crows and goose using their respective licence ,following the conditions first as many people all said can i cant i and do i need a specific licence so BASC are saying that DEFRA say yes you can .confusing but they say yes atb

• Like 1

Just seen this development on another forum ,BASC need to wake up and stop reacting and start acting .3 people with a political agenda to ban shooting need to be in the public eye asap.Stop waiting for them and start attacking them first ,highlight the failed previous attempts by the trio to ban everything and show its not a legal challenge but personal .

And get some publicity out in defence of what we do

• Thanks 1

If the judge sees that wild justice isn't and are solely a small click of antis with a political agenda their case has no legal basis whatever .So come on BASC  get on it or soon no members No job ,who's going to pay 60 quid a year for a poxy magazine and nothing else ?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I been using my bangers to scare them.

Scares them very well. To well sometimes, oops.

Yes bangers can work at times but that method just moves them on to some other unfortunate farmer and they are expensive to keep running day after day,I've have shot some good numbers on fields that have have a working gas gun on and running,they do need some lethal control to reduce the numbers, flock sizes  can get into there hundreds or even thousands we've all seen them,one farmer a few years ago that I know nearly lost all his 500 acres of rape in winter to pigeons in a very short space of time he was forced into putting out a advert in a local paper desperately asking for help controlling them he had gas guns out as well at that time, fortunately I was local and able to help,something that bunny huggers don't realize.   

• Like 2
11 hours ago, walshie said:

Not trying to be funny, but where does that say carry on pest control? It's exactly the same as it was last week. 

Quite, if actually says things are being delayed and its frustrating and BASC are trying!

Carry on by all means within the terms of the latest GL's and Individual personal applications as required!

Got it!

Apparently, birds don't like hairspray, perfume and aftershave.

So our farmers need to find old stocks of brute or oldspice and spray it on the land.

It may destroy the bees and essential microbes in the soil but that's never bothered them before any how.

I tested the theory last night by smuggling out with the mrs hair spray and spraying a bird's nest in the noxious substance to deter the magpies from approaching the nest.

To my surprise this morning the chicks were not moving much but no magpie had been near them so although my tests are in its infancy it does seem to work.

So I'm off to b&m to buy some cheap hair spray and this weekend I will be searching for birds nests and spraying them and the nest to protect them . 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

This just highlights that these lunatics will NEVER be satisfied. They just don't get it, refuse to be told & bury heads in sand. We need our government to get everything watertight, publish the new rules & tell these snowflake hippies to get a f***ing grip and stop wasting everyone's time.

• Like 2
On 11/06/2019 at 04:46, Baldcoot said:

Just seen this development on another forum ,BASC need to wake up and stop reacting and start acting .3 people with a political agenda to ban shooting need to be in the public eye asap.Stop waiting for them and start attacking them first ,highlight the failed previous attempts by the trio to ban everything and show its not a legal challenge but personal .

And get some publicity out in defence of what we do

On 11/06/2019 at 05:56, Baldcoot said:

If the judge sees that wild justice isn't and are solely a small click of antis with a political agenda their case has no legal basis whatever .So come on BASC  get on it or soon no members No job ,who's going to pay 60 quid a year for a poxy magazine and nothing else ?

Good grief !!   A like minded soul .  I just don't understand how so  many people can't see that basic are run as a business and are /and have been a totally useless fraud for many years. If the people in the organisation were in any other commercial outfit they would have been p 45d a long time ago. They ought to be working like the Nra does in America . Politicians are put on notice that their actions will result in no votes. And companies are also on notice of boycotting of their products.  We cut our own throats or surrender before a shot is fired. Basic are more concerned with trying to get people to buy raffle tickets than geting ahead of the game. I'd like to rant a lot , lot more but I'm sure that kwis and his mates have the next attack well planned already. Basics Bill & Ben are well advanced on their menu for their christmas party.

Ps.  Basic are eighty quid not sixty

Angry & disgusted of Tunbridge wells.

• Like 3