Women’s World Cup ......

55 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Agreed Nash , however English football is living on the tv money from sky for the premier league. In no other country, Spain , France , Italy , Germany ate any one out of the top flight capable of sustaining  such a wage structure. 

The premier league itself is defiantly the greatest in the world , however as a nation we are pretty cash poor when it comes to home grown talents . Of the four finalist teams , which English players would get into another top ten country’s national starting eleven? 

Mcguire ? 

Trippier ? 

Kane ? 

Stones ? 

Let’s be realistic, foreign born players prop the premier up 

You just said it yourself....." greatest league in the world "

If France had the greatest league in the world that would be propped up by foreign players.

We've been hearing Jocks tell us for the last 15 years how the arse is going to fall out of the English game........dont seem to be does it.

We just got to the World Cup semi finals with home grown talent im happy with that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Load of absolute nonsense.....who wants to watch sport played badly,West Ham ladies got to the Fa Cup final this year but you wont hear a peep out of me making any sort of daft claims....if women want

90 minutes they could have been in the kitchen doing something useful wasted! 

Exactly right the raspberries olympics is just as bad as womens football some of the " sports " they make up.....blind people running round swinging their foot at a ball with a bell inside it f****n r

Posted Images

On 13/06/2019 at 20:02, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Realistically Nash , England didn’t play against a good side until Croatia. 

Let’s have it right Against good sides how have we fared lately ? 

Holland for example ? 

Last week Holland beat us but the game before that we beat them.

Are Spain a good side ? Last time we played them we beat them.

Are Italy,Brazil,Germany good sides ? None of them beat us last time we played.

Plus we have the greatest league in the world what is there to moan about.....i guess judging England depends whether your an optimist or a pessimist mate ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Last week Holland beat us but the game before that we beat them.

Are Spain a good side ? Last time we played them we beat them.

Are Italy,Brazil,Germany good sides ? None of them beat us last time we played.

Plus we have the greatest league in the world what is there to moan about.....i guess judging England depends whether your an optimist or a pessimist mate ?

Regardless of who we played, good or bad etc...we got to the semi-finals of the WC, with a very young and yet to hit full potential side...

We're bound to lose games along the way, personally I think this is a turning point for our national side...Southgate is not scared of losing a game to test these young lads...fair play to him!! For generations now it's been the same thing, a win at all cost mentality and shoe horning players in regardless if they were fit, in form or could even play the position....

I welcome the odd loss, you learn a lot in defeat, we're on the right path imo..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Regardless of who we played, good or bad etc...we got to the semi-finals of the WC, with a very young and yet to hit full potential side...

We're bound to lose games along the way, personally I think this is a turning point for our national side...Southgate is not scared of losing a game to test these young lads...fair play to him!! For generations now it's been the same thing, a win at all cost mentality and shoe horning players in regardless if they were fit, in form or could even play the position....

I welcome the odd loss, you learn a lot in defeat, we're on the right path imo..

Absolutely......i also think the change in society benefits the side....no longer will our press and media ever get away with national humiliation of players/managers......having multiple black players has seen to that ?.....look at the way we handle penalty shoot outs now....no more degrading pizza adverts if a player misses !

Southgate has been fantastic,players enjoy playing for England again.

• Like 1

Some women's teams (Australia, America, new Zealand)are asking for equal pay to the men and taking FIFA to court over it!!! What a joke!!! Women's soccer generates nothing (in dollar terms) compared to mens soccer but they expect the same money. The world has truly gone mad... I am sick to death of idiots attempts to hold us to ransom in the name of political correctness