Lurcher and terrier

16 hours ago, TOMO said:

i just got back from a show at Belvoir .......its was good to see breeze of this site clean up with all the first place rosets.....:D

So it was you who I saw. Wasn't sure. :thumbs:

I didn't turn up until it was all but done, lol, I managed to catch the 'best in show' for the terriers being judged. I thought it was a poor turnout compared to previous years, but maybe everyone had left by then?

Edited by Born Hunter

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always make the effort and take my children and support our local ones(end up and spend a fair wedge on shite) and leave the dogs behind.....I can count on 1 hand the lads I would talk too?at a show

With most shows it’s more of who’s at the the other end of the lead rather than the dog than wins it, I wouldn’t worry about it, they’re all a load of shite anyway.

Stop bleedin whingeing about having to spend a few quid, the kids deserve every penny. I had to keep mopping Tomos brow, every time his wallet came out he broke out in a cold sweat. Loved it when your

Posted Images

used to go kelmarsh every yr with the misses ,she would make a bee line to basc stand and loved shooting clays ,it's only time I trust her with a gun and then I don't stick around lol .

we took our 21tts whippet x sal and he come first in couple of races ,and I have never seen such hate from one woman ,she had a van full of lurchers and terriers ,

she had a dog for every class ,smooth ,ruff ,small and big and you could see they never done a days work ,she and her Croney mates would argue with the judge that there dog is the best ,

we don't go kelmarsh no more as these kind of dog people have ruined what used to b a good day out ."

we still go local hunt shows ,and yes still get a few fakes but mostly it's a good day out .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

used to go kelmarsh every yr with the misses ,she would make a bee line to basc stand and loved shooting clays ,it's only time I trust her with a gun and then I don't stick around lol .

we took our 21tts whippet x sal and he come first in couple of races ,and I have never seen such hate from one woman ,she had a van full of lurchers and terriers ,

she had a dog for every class ,smooth ,ruff ,small and big and you could see they never done a days work ,she and her Croney mates would argue with the judge that there dog is the best ,

we don't go kelmarsh no more as these kind of dog people have ruined what used to b a good day out ."

we still go local hunt shows ,and yes still get a few fakes but mostly it's a good day out .

Mooch the racing as gone mad at a lot of events/shows these days the dogs have slowly become pretty much purposeful bred race dogs I see some fella at a event I went to racing a pure greyhound that he was trying to blag off as a lurcher saying 1/16 collie lol it was a greyhound don’t know who he was trying to kid, there’s a hell of a lot of heavily bred sight hound bred Lurchers there racing to that are so over bred there all only raced in the dash there owners are not up for courseing them they make there excuses an get out of there but say there working dogs in the show ring even though the dog stays mint it’s life you couldn’t make the shit up I mean most work bred dogs at working lurcher shows there’s not really any point in putting them in a dash unless like me your a piss taker you put them in for the wind up like they have a chance ?because there get smoked by purpose bred dogs but worth trying some luck 

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Was litters being bred on here 15 years ago that where 15/16ths grey or whippet greys??? purpose bred bag chasers ffs, it’s nowt new ☹️?

I know it’s nothing new fella but with how popular shows/racing as become it’s attracting people just interested in the showing/bag chasing not the working side of things or promoting the working dog at a working dog show/racing event look at the line up of show winners at most shows these days as close as conformation as a greyhound never no thick set dogs that could take a nock or two on a nights lamping they all look the same in conformation but I do love a good under dog bred for work to wipe smiles off faces an steal there glory ????

3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Same woman gorra be

2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Same woman gorra be

I think I might know the woman, my dogs lost interest in chasing bags now, but a couple year ago I raced him and he took off got along side this woman's leading dog then turned and gave hers a bite and they both went bowling down the field, this woman went proper mental shouting b*****d should be disqualified and have a restart lol

50 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I think I might know the woman, my dogs lost interest in chasing bags now, but a couple year ago I raced him and he took off got along side this woman's leading dog then turned and gave hers a bite and they both went bowling down the field, this woman went proper mental shouting b*****d should be disqualified and have a restart lol

Weren't they muzzled mate?

Only ever attended a few shows and what I seen put me off them tbh .. only one over here that was worth a visit was the Mourne lurcher and terrier show .