Lurcher and terrier

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always make the effort and take my children and support our local ones(end up and spend a fair wedge on shite) and leave the dogs behind.....I can count on 1 hand the lads I would talk too?at a show

With most shows it’s more of who’s at the the other end of the lead rather than the dog than wins it, I wouldn’t worry about it, they’re all a load of shite anyway.

Stop bleedin whingeing about having to spend a few quid, the kids deserve every penny. I had to keep mopping Tomos brow, every time his wallet came out he broke out in a cold sweat. Loved it when your

Posted Images

5 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

I was in a dog show today and told by a guy that has been round the show ring a good wile that if the dog handler is fat the dogs won't win any body ever heard such a thing

Your ok if the judge is fat 

• Haha 2

The last show I went 2 and this were a hunt show fe working lurcher and terrier the had the usual classes for under 23 rough/ smooth ,the over 23 ect a bull x class then a class titled best working lurcher 

I ain't been to 1 since 

• Haha 1

Most these shows are who knows who I used to go to a few and it was always the same people winning a dog for every class and then they would get best worker but I never understood how you can judge a dog on working ability in a show ring. I go to some now as my daughter really enjoys it just family ones really but even then you see the same people coming and if they don't get a place they chuck there toys out the pram. It's just a bit of fun but some people really do take it to the next level. As for if your fat you don't get place never heard that one before but nothing would shock me with the show world 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Most these shows are who knows who I used to go to a few and it was always the same people winning a dog for every class and then they would get best worker but I never understood how you can judge a dog on working ability in a show ring. I go to some now as my daughter really enjoys it just family ones really but even then you see the same people coming and if they don't get a place they chuck there toys out the pram. It's just a bit of fun but some people really do take it to the next level. As for if your fat you don't get place never heard that one before but nothing would shock me with the show world 

That same show were same ty this woman had a van full ,a lovely fawn bitch won some class or another but as she were bringing it out the ring it started growling at the 2 terrier I had wi me she clamped her hand round its muzzle then asked if I'd mind moving my little boy 2 at the time out the way as the bitch could be a bit funny ffs 

Our Robert s comments about 20 pence's in left earholes and talk of lending her a shovel didn't sit well med us laugh tho 

9 hours ago, D Lloyd said:

I was in a dog show today and told by a guy that has been round the show ring a good wile that if the dog handler is fat the dogs won't win any body ever heard such a thing

Your diet starts NOW

• Haha 3

One thing I’ve noticed about shows is there’s a band of followers that go to most shows up an down the country same faces at most shows most weekends most of the show organisers an judges are the same they follow the show circuits be it showing,judgeing there selfs so they get to see who’s been placed at other more important shows as qualifiers for other important shows so they can’t not place a dog that done so well the weekend under the same judge or there friend! But if Dog /dogs from a show the weekend before ain’t at the show it’s normally done a bit fairer I used to get to a lot of shows to race a mates dogs with his old chap to keep them ticking over we would watch the showing betting on the fence line of who’s placed some times it wasn’t worth the bet because we’d all be picking the same dogs ?? my mates dad never misses a trick he’s always said a judge that don’t check dogs over proper as already made his mind up who he’s placed so there for gets lazy checking dogs over I’ve seen this a million times. I can sort of get the fact a fat person with a fit dog wouldn’t get picked because there fat but they may not work or walk there dogs they might be race dogs only that’s schooled behind the lure and the owner pays a handler to road walk there dog/dogs but I can sort of see dogs owned by a larger person wouldn’t get placed if the winners are photographed as the winners of show because most clubs are trying to create a imagine bull shit really if a dogs good an in good nick the dog should shine not  focus on the person at the end of the lead if the face fits what there trying to promote 

i don't do shows as a rule but Sometimes it's a good way of catching up with lads you haven't seen in a few years and maybe raising a few quid for the likes of different clubs but end of the day its just a bit of fun  and maybe a chance to get the young ones involved and win a rosette or two and watch how proud they are leaving the ring 

• Like 1

most these little shows are all a fix imo,same bunch of fat Muppets, sweating buckets hunting rossettes ?dressed in full camouflage all summer long...dog for every class?

most can't bend down and tie their laces,cant find their private bits without a mirror and bag of flour......so won't be doing an awful lot,let's be fair ?

its a platform to talk shit and peddle their wares...or set others up for a fall....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

most these little shows are all a fix imo,same bunch of fat Muppets, sweating buckets hunting rossettes ?dressed in full camouflage all summer long...dog for every class?

most can't bend down and tie their laces,cant find their private bits without a mirror and bag of flour......so won't be doing an awful lot,let's be fair ?

its a platform to talk shit and peddle their wares...or set others up for a fall....

There is side of it I suppose dc and as you know you can spot a show pony right away but if you keep away from that side of things kids can have a bit of fun and you can have a catch up 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

There is side of it I suppose dc and as you know you can spot a show pony right away but if you keep away from that side of things kids can have a bit of fun and you can have a catch up 

I always make the effort and take my children and support our local ones(end up and spend a fair wedge on shite) and leave the dogs behind.....I can count on 1 hand the lads I would talk too?at a show or generally....less folks see and know what you kennel the better imo....I enjoy my own company and that of a select few.....easier to weed out the wrong uns that way?

• Like 11