Youg one coming along

Out on my own again today guy's took a couple of dogs and a few ferrets and hit a couple of burrows i'm pretty familiar with, to give a bit more work to the young ferrets, and they didn't disappoint.  

• Like 5

Nice video Doug. Like how you explained the humanity side of ferreting the rabbits as opposed to the alternatives. Used to help control the rabbits on an orchard in Kent where if left they would ring bark the established fruit trees, thus killing the trees, and also undermining the trees by digging out warrens in and around the root system, again killing the trees. Same with all kinds of crops. Trouble is there are a lot of people who have 'fluffy bunny syndrome' and don't actually give any thought to the consequences of NOT controlling them. It's a similar attitude with urban foxes where I live, and you get people stating shit like "foxes won't take a cat or small dog".

4 nice meals you got there.:thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 03:49, Our team said:

Takes the piss out of england  

No mate we just require ferrets with different traits because of the dry, hot climate its horses for courses most of the ground here is rock hard most of the year,  it’s not tacking the piss, it’s stating a fact. P.S I was born in U.K

1 minute ago, Our team said:

You get me wrong. Totally. What I Ment  is how you hunting and using them well trained ferrets. And dogs bedside. Plus the massive sets.. That's what I Ment.  Not in a derogative manner at all.. Well done over there... ? ? 

My bad I get a lot of people on YouTube that get offended because I dont use ferret finders, shovels and I'm cruel for running dogs on hard ground etc, thought you were another one lol Cheers

28 minutes ago, Our team said:

I always give my kits one year to grow up...  I strongly believeits best way.. But that's me... ?  

There is merit in that thinking, however I will say in the wild a ferret that waits a year to hunt rabbits will be taken out by natural selection. food for thought! Start most of mine at six months most people do here. The one's that dont take to it for whatever reason could weaken the line if you know what I mean just something to think about. P.S Dog's are no different imo A.T.B ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Our team said:

Totally agree with you. But it's a caged pet. And I take time to ensure no killing     plus I only hunt in winter  and try my hardest to get best bolting methods  than there natural hunting killing instinct.. ? 

If my ferrets wont kill a rabbit they are being moved on to a pet home ?

• Like 1