A days ferreting

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have met simon many times...I cant say as I thought he was up himself....always came across a good chap....even had him at my house picking up some kits years ago...as well as putting me in touch wi

Simon is a good lad and has always been a great ambassador for the sport. I doubt whether this is aimed at experienced ferreters probably more for people into some sort of field sport but have never t

I would want £350  to spend a day with that Four-eyed Boring b*****d 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

You Fcuking can, buy yer own gear an get out an learn, how did mr dunderhead learn? It’s nice to get out with other folk an pinch tips advice an what not to do’s, but fcuk paying that price, that’s madness??

that's why I said it???

• Haha 1

a mate of mine met him at some show or other a few years back. my mate is getting on a bit and is a old hand at ferreting whitehead was telling him how to go on etc, he said it was biggest load of boxxcks he had heard from a boring cxxt. 

How much!!!

Is that with a night out having a meal and then to a strip club.

I heard he pays for his permissions so has to make money back somehow i guess.

My mate spoke to him a couple a years back at a game fair... said he was very up himself and talked shit

would rather spend the money on my own kit and get out ferreting on me own.

Get all your questions answered on here for free. Wealth of knowledge on this forum

FF

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

How much!!!

Is that with a night out having a meal and then to a strip club.

I heard he pays for his permissions so has to make money back somehow i guess.

My mate spoke to him a couple a years back at a game fair... said he was very up himself and talked shit

would rather spend the money on my own kit and get out ferreting on me own.

Get all your questions answered on here for free. Wealth of knowledge on this forum

FF

i have met simon many times...I cant say as I thought he was up himself....always came across a good chap....even had him at my house picking up some kits years ago...as well as putting me in touch with a guy from English herratige for some paid rabbit control work.....

now I know simon has worked as a paid rabbit catcher for many years......so I dowt hes paying for permission....and I think has diversified a bit with youtube channel..book writing and cookery I think..or that might be his mrs... in the summer he does the gamfairs with his demo....so I suppose he has to come across as an expert there to do his job to the public who might not know what ferreting is...

human nature being what it is....and in particular hunting men.....they can be the very worst for bitching about people....I know what a lot of the young lads were like in my youth growing up in a pit village...forever calling other lads dogs or ferrets shit.....hell you only have to look on here at the bitching....

• Like 12

Simon is a good lad and has always been a great ambassador for the sport. I doubt whether this is aimed at experienced ferreters probably more for people into some sort of field sport but have never tried ferreting. People are happy to pay three times what he is charging to shoot fukcing wood chickens flying 10 foot above their heads so what’s the big deal ......

• Like 10

Well I went out with Simon for a day before I started ferreting, just to see what it was about and he was good as gold. It cost me £50, whats peanuts in this day and age. I dont know how they can claim it was £350, unless he had to drive miles from home, stay in over night accommodation etc, thats all got to be paid for. If you do it for a living, you need to pay your bills, so everything it costs has got to be budgeted for. Everyone who is high up in their chosen profession, whether it is ferreting, football or tv, always get criticised whatever they do. They can never win, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying they are this and that, and my mates mate heard he done this, when most of the time its a load of hogwash made up by some bitter or jealous individual. Dont believe nothing you hear, and only half what you see, then you will be closer to the truth!

2 minutes ago, beany01 said:

Well I went out with Simon for a day before I started ferreting, just to see what it was about and he was good as gold. It cost me £50, whats peanuts in this day and age. I dont know how they can claim it was £350, unless he had to drive miles from home, stay in over night accommodation etc, thats all got to be paid for. If you do it for a living, you need to pay your bills, so everything it costs has got to be budgeted for. Everyone who is high up in their chosen profession, whether it is ferreting, football or tv, always get criticised whatever they do. They can never win, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon saying they are this and that, and my mates mate heard he done this, when most of the time its a load of hogwash made up by some bitter or jealous individual. Dont believe nothing you hear, and only half what you see, then you will be closer to the truth!

high up in his chosen profession. you make him sound like some sort of superstar he's no better than lad's on here. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fred90 said:

high up in his chosen profession. you make him sound like some sort of superstar he's no better than lad's on here. 

He maybe not be better than a lot of lads on here, but you cant argue that he has done well in ferreting. How many people do you know that have been on tv upteen times, is a regular writer in the mags, written several books and does a tour of the game fairs etc in the summer? If he was a no-one in ferreting, this post wouldnt even exist! 

• Like 1