• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gonae be a long summer. Plenty fishing taking the edge off but still got the urges. Young Mia be a year next month

She picked up 2 today whilst the wee man was fishing. Let the 2nd one run for another day an kept one for the ferrets 

Never tried for barbel mate been just on the trout on the fly with me oldest

Posted Images

1 minute ago, johnrussell84 said:

I'd imagine. We have the salmon in just now but the waters a tad brown the now 

down here the hard-core game anglers and keepers will kill any they hook ?...barbel will shoal up with the salmon resting behind the groins.....and push the salmon back out into the flow.....or so they say ?barbel were never originally stocked into the Wye....they made their way there from the Teme and Seven early 90's and took hold?

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

down here the hard-core game anglers and keepers will kill any they hook ?...barbel will shoal up with the salmon resting behind the groins.....and push the salmon back out into the flow.....or so they say ?barbel were never originally stocked into the Wye....they made their way there from the Teme and Seven early 90's and took hold?

Can you stock barbel ? I get on the kennet they reckon otters have f****d it now. 

2 minutes ago, C.green said:

Can you stock barbel ? I get on the kennet they reckon otters have f****d it now. 

as far as I know ,the only people who stock them are the E.A,and only to rivers which were originally stocked in the 60's.....could of changed now though C.defeats the object stocking more if they gonna end up as otter food....they eat all the big fish of breeding age  first?few mouthfuls of the guts and waste the rest?

• Sad 1

about 20  low doubles were put in the river taff in the 90's....they spawn there now but you dont get an awful lot of young fish coming through.....the original fish are 17lb plus?very secretive bunch down there lol....reminds me of a private carp syndicate ?clicky as f**k......hard water but rewarding if you put in the time?

41 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

as far as I know ,the only people who stock them are the E.A,and only to rivers which were originally stocked in the 60's.....could of changed now though C.defeats the object stocking more if they gonna end up as otter food....they eat all the big fish of breeding age  first?few mouthfuls of the guts and waste the rest?

Aye i seen a few half eaten on the bank but aint seen many otters. Seen theyve started on with the fencing atound all the local carp waters now but seen munties on the inside of new fencing so surely if they can get in otters can. I still havent had a double figure barbel so might dust off the gear and get back on come the 16th.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Stephen unwin. said:

Love the layoff to get some barbleing in but I saw 2 munty this morning while  feedin,t cows and thought we'll meet again yer little bleeders

Does the farmer know you're interfering with the cattle  ?

they could be on a special diet you know  ?

3 hours ago, C.green said:

Aye i seen a few half eaten on the bank but aint seen many otters. Seen theyve started on with the fencing atound all the local carp waters now but seen munties on the inside of new fencing so surely if they can get in otters can. I still havent had a double figure barbel so might dust off the gear and get back on come the 16th.

In 34 yrs of actively barble bashing I've only ad 1

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

If I saw em do it I'd drown them fecks