Magpies General Licence

16 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Just be careful though, even if you've applied you can still be prosecuted in retrospect so say nothing, post nothing and you'll be ok.

Carry on as normal.  

20 minutes ago, timmytree said:

A General Licence is never issued. It's allowed without proof provided you abide by the rules.

An individual licence is applied for. 

Vermin is rats, rabbits and grey squirrels. and a LOT more!

There's still plenty of reasons to get a shotgun Like wildfowling etc! and still plenty of opportunity to get pigeons later in the year, just wait until they're after the crops instead of feeding on ivy or beechmast.

:thumbs:

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, timmytree said:

A General Licence is never issued. It's allowed without proof provided you abide by the rules.

An individual licence is applied for. 

Vermin is rats, rabbits and grey squirrels.

There's still plenty of reasons to get a shotgun and still plenty of opportunity to get pigeons later in the year, just wait until they're after the crops instead of feeding on ivy or beechmast.

Thank you for the advice and guidance.  I am aware of the General license system and how it is used.  I didn't communicate very well in my typed response.  But I can still see  The feo's trying it on with the unaware General shooter.  It's make it up as they go along and they say stuff like it is police policy to do xyz.  Basic don't get to grips with this sort of blatant law buckling and rip them a new one.  This is why kiwis has ben effective. He has a target and goes in for the jugular unlike our orgs that say stuff like " we mustn't  rock the boat".

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

If FEOs ask questions and new shooters don't know the law or the answers whose fault is that? Like a written driving test, if you fail you don't get a licence.

AS for BASC and other orgs, they didn't find out what was happening until we did, they were completely in the dark.

Foes try it on all the time. Shooters are just shooters they arent legally savy and the vast majority are fairly subservient when it comes to the law. If the feo told them to drop their trousers and present, most applicants would do it unquestioningly.  Dont make it right and the orgs should play merry he'll with any department allowing foes to carry on like this.

( AS for BASC and other orgs, they didn't find out what was happening until we did, they were completely in the dark. )

Completely in the dark ?   Why was that then ? Their stated aim is the protection of shooting sports.  So if  you are the prime minister of this country and it is your stated aim is to protect  this country, and we get attacked, are you going to say,   "well I never, I  didn't know that was going to happen" !!  That's why we have a standing nuclear deterrent and typhoon interceptors on immediate 24/7 standby.  After all kwis was crowd funding online with the aim of generating a legal challenge to the General licence.  It wasn't a secret.  He is a direct enemy and as such the orgs have got to pull their finger out and step up their act pretty Darn  quick.  He's running rings around them, making them look like a right bunch of amatures.  Eighty quid membership !  Eighty quid wasted. Get 30 quid insurance from 3rd party like ccc3 and spend the other 50 quid  in the local gun shop. Or piss it up the wall.

Edited by Meece
13 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Packham made Natural England look like the amateurs they are by twisting them in knots. The legal challenge didn't even need to go ahead beause NE buckled withouta challenge.

If shooters don't know the law whose fault is that? If you're driving do you know the speed limits? You know you shouldn't use a mobile or do 60mph in a 30mph?

No offence mate but I suggest you read the threads on exactly what happened before you start blaming BASC. or Packham. We may not like him but he mounted a legal challenge and won because NE didn't have a clue and the old GLs were illegal. Lawyers on both sides agreed that. Now if NE had agreed to a review in the first place as requested, the old GLs would still be in place until the new reviewed versions came out next January. Simple as that.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is, or mine. If the orgs dont get their finger out and apply some pressure back up the line our sport will suffer again. Like the hunting ban, lead shot and multitudes of other things. Death by a thousand cuts. The end result will be the same.

5 hours ago, timmytree said:

No pics of anything shot. Proof of previous damage, scarecrows, gas guns, flags etc preferably supplied by the landowner.

Nothing that connects you to dead birds in any way shape or form. You had deterrents out and were shooting to scare, UNLESS the pigeons were directly on the crop or the crows were attacking livestock. Anything else, just wait, I've heard that new GLs are out very soon but chances are they'll be like the crap that NE issued so bloody useless.

I can't tell you what to do but if you don't get seen, you don't get reported. Just be careful.

The penalty is an unlimited fine, and or 6 months and a lifetime ban from owning a weapon.

Is that enough reason to take it seriously?

Thanks and sure but I'm a bit past it making me feel miserable about it.

Where ever you look in this sad world there is division and man dominates man to his injury.