Magpies General Licence

General Licence to kill Magpies for the purpose of conserving wild birds.

Just got a job come in for this, I've searched NE site and struggling to find anything.

Can someone tell me if there is a new GL for the above purpose or do I still need to apply for an individual licence.

Cheers!:thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Iv been a confused with all this mate so rang this number (NE) 0300 060 3900, asked a few questions about the score with ferrals and theyr sending me the forms i need to fill in, you could ring and theyl hopefully tell you what you need to know. Atb

44 minutes ago, Deker said:

General Licence to kill Magpies for the purpose of conserving wild birds.

Just got a job come in for this, I've searched NE site and struggling to find anything.

Can some tell me if there is a new GL for the above purpose or do I still need to apply for an individual licence.

Cheers!:thumbs:

No, as it stands there is no GENERAL licence to control magpie in any way for any reason. Therefore you will have to apply for an individual licence. 

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

There is a GL for Canada geese but I haven't looked at that.

The Canada geese one is for public health, example GWCT gave me was geese sh1tting all over golf course. 

18 hours ago, David.evans said:

Best of luck with that decker 

I've now been waiting 5weeks for crows on a individual, dairy farm gl26 don't cover it 

and when you phone them ita a waste of time 

Atb 

If you have applied you can carry out your cull just keep records and let them know the out come and number of crows removed from site. Leave a record with the farmer and i also take photos

iwm

1 hour ago, iwm said:

If you have applied you can carry out your cull just keep records and let them know the out come and number of crows removed from site. Leave a record with the farmer and i also take photos

iwm

When I take photo I get in trouble!

I can do this then. They know I'm shooting vermin via my licence and I can photograph it!

Perfect ?

2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

When I take photo I get in trouble!

I can do this then. They know I'm shooting vermin via my licence and I can photograph it!

Perfect ?

My understanding is you MUST apply for an individual licence first.   You can then continue with the Pest Issue if it is urgent, even before you receive a yes or no reply.

You can't carry on simply because your FAC says you can deal with XY or Z pests!

:thumbs:

3 minutes ago, Deker said:

My understanding is you MUST apply for an individual licence first.   You can then continue with the Pest Issue if it is urgent, even before you receive a yes or no reply.

You can't carry on simply because your FAC says you can deal with XY or Z pests!

:thumbs:

Spoil sport ?

I can see a situation where when people apply for a new shotgun certificate,  plod/foe will ask " what do you shoot with your shotgun sir " ? When you say, vermin;  they will say "where is your general license" ?  ( if a licence is / has been issued or available )!   So..... Sorry sir,  you cant have a new cert because you haven't got a valid reason for having it.  The only valid reason is sport shooting of clays , controlling  rabbits foxes or wildfowling with appropriate ammunition. As usual basic reckon their on the case but as usual they are a total waste of time because they have no influence or leverage on anything.  Total waste of time and money.  Is Gove feared of them ? Is he f**k.