Normandy Landings 75 years ago today.

Watching the D-Day anniversary footage on TV,very humbling,the old guys are a different type of generation.self-deprecating and humble R.I.P their comrades.Has anyone on here done a Battlefield tour in france,any reccomendations as to companies that organise them?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

My Sisters Dad was killed on D day , that is Her on the left hand side me and Mam are on the right , the picture was taken in the early 50s  on board the Golden Galleon at  Great Yarmouth, Mam never once mentioned him and it was not until she died that her sister let something slip when she said that Janices hair was the same has her Dads .

IMG_20190305_0011.jpg

• Like 5

Always amazed how the country pulled together and mobilized during ww11 , everything from the steel works, coal to keep the country running , munitions factorys ect , all those who gave there life fighting , certainly a humbling time and I have the deepest respect to all those involved 

• Like 6

I was watching some of the coverage , and interviews with veterans, We owe those guys so much . Then the BBC couldn’t help but get all anti Brexit and got their little remain message in . They were interviewing this old girl , who was pro remain and quoted Macron who told Trump “America is only great when it works with its allies “. America was working with its allies “us” and after Brexit it could work with us even more . They were trying to say how we have been apart of Europe for so long and it’s all a great shame that we are leaving. The truth is we were fighting the genocidal Germans , the French didn’t put up much of a fight , and even formed the Vichy government and performed some of their own atrocities. The French have always been the “old enemy “. I don’t feel European and it’s thanks to the veterans that we don’t speak German and eat schnitzel and sour Kraut . 

• Like 3