British D-Day Memorial

10 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

There you go .  The French hate us and their Gallic pride has taken a massive kicking by the UK . Waterloo , and then us liberating them from those horrid Germans . The French , who largely collaborated and rolled over during their occupation and the Germans who started two world wars . Those graveyards are a constant reminder to them , and I hope “they” never forget , what “our “ lads did to make sure that Europe can have its own parliament, but I’m afraid that their memory’s are short and they should all be kissing our arses and thanking us for being an island of people who , with the Americans, got them out of the shit “they”made and gave them a better future . 

Well said mate :yes:

They're a whiney bunch of b*****ds that should have more gratitude.

See that slimey f***ing Macron up there giving a speech - one of the old veterans should have gone up and clapped him across the face.

....... Where was de Gaulle during WWII? :hmm:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't know there was no Memorial to the 22000 + British that died on D-Day. You think the French might have done something as a thank you to them men. Can't understand the French attitude towards us

like little storys like that...nice one arry.. I watched a lot of it on telly yesterday morning.....that old paratrooper was brave fella 95 and doing a jump....got some balls....it was nice listn

When I see questions asked as to how remember those who fought for us, but also the respect that we give to them when they are still alive, a gentleman that I used to know comes to mind. I met him whe

6 hours ago, baker boy said:

If the "Greatest Generation" could see the uk in 2019 they'd have probably said "f**k it"

I agree....as much as i respect those old boys i cant help thinking these memorials are so hypocritical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good shout Gnash, embarrassing really, I'm so grateful for what they gave and sacrificed, but look at us now! Every last one of them must be turning in their graves! The last of the good uns! 

5 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Good shout Gnash, embarrassing really, I'm so grateful for what they gave and sacrificed, but look at us now! Every last one of them must be turning in their graves! The last of the good uns! 

Absolutely mate....i dont remember much about my grandfather but what i do remember about him im glad he,s not around to see whats going on.

All this false gratitude and respect from a British media that is ashamed of being British makes me want to throw up to be honest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, kinkell said:

War graves vandalised in Bradford just on the news discraceful

Just see it on the news, disgusting, absolutely disgusting, treason in my eyes, but hey ho, brush it under the carpet! Country's fukced! 

• Like 1

When I see questions asked as to how remember those who fought for us, but also the respect that we give to them when they are still alive, a gentleman that I used to know comes to mind. I met him when he started to walk his fat JRT on the tracks around a farm that I used to kennel my dogs on. There were quite a few "yards", pigeon lofts etc.. that the owner rented out to us. Most of the lads used to avoid this old guy. At the time he was short and fat and really liked to talk. If you crossed his path on the way to see the dogs or whatever before or after work then the it would mess up your time schedule.

His favourite tales were from  the land we were on, was once a large country estate. He was born on the estate. We were born and lived on the very large council estate that now covered most of what was there in the past. He would talk of how things used to be and had knowledge of old farming practices and machinery. I found him as boring as everyone else did but could put up with him. I also knew the breeding of his fat JRT (local bred) and would not have minded if my JRT dog happened line her.

Then one day, just trying to change the conversation as I was walking up to my "yard" I casually mentioned a TV programme that I had seen the night before on Japanese POW camps. PC/lefty liberal stuff on why they did what they did because of their different interpretation of honour and cowardice. Then the little fat gentleman exploded. No more quaint stories about old ploughing techniques, he started with "listen son, I will tell you about honour and cowardice!".

He signed up at the outbreak of WW2 with Durham Light Infantry. Was in Singapore when it fell. Got out on his own. Somehow ended up with Royal Gloucestershire Regiment. Got captured and ended up in a Japanese POW camp. Escaped. Back in GB was determined to get back into it. Got himself fit and volunteered to for Chintis. And then his war really started and my reason for writing this.

After the war he and his wife went to USA every year. They were invited by the 101 Society. This is an American association set up to honour their ex servicemen, particularly airbourn/special services. My old friend worked with US special forces as a Chintit in Burma. That was recorded and never forgotten. Every year until he was no longer able to attend they not only invited him, and his wife, but paid for everything so that he could attend. Now that is respect.

That silly boring old man with his fat dog, I am so pleased I gave him the time of day because he contributed to my education.

One last thing, his name was Arthur but the yanks called him Mick as they thought his Geordie accent was Irish ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

When I see questions asked as to how remember those who fought for us, but also the respect that we give to them when they are still alive, a gentleman that I used to know comes to mind. I met him when he started to walk his fat JRT on the tracks around a farm that I used to kennel my dogs on. There were quite a few "yards", pigeon lofts etc.. that the owner rented out to us. Most of the lads used to avoid this old guy. At the time he was short and fat and really liked to talk. If you crossed his path on the way to see the dogs or whatever before or after work then the it would mess up your time schedule.

His favourite tales were from  the land we were on, was once a large country estate. He was born on the estate. We were born and lived on the very large council estate that now covered most of what was there in the past. He would talk of how things used to be and had knowledge of old farming practices and machinery. I found him as boring as everyone else did but could put up with him. I also knew the breeding of his fat JRT (local bred) and would not have minded if my JRT dog happened line her.

Then one day, just trying to change the conversation as I was walking up to my "yard" I casually mentioned a TV programme that I had seen the night before on Japanese POW camps. PC/lefty liberal stuff on why they did what they did because of their different interpretation of honour and cowardice. Then the little fat gentleman exploded. No more quaint stories about old ploughing techniques, he started with "listen son, I will tell you about honour and cowardice!".

He signed up at the outbreak of WW2 with Durham Light Infantry. Was in Singapore when it fell. Got out on his own. Somehow ended up with Royal Gloucestershire Regiment. Got captured and ended up in a Japanese POW camp. Escaped. Back in GB was determined to get back into it. Got himself fit and volunteered to for Chintis. And then his war really started and my reason for writing this.

After the war he and his wife went to USA every year. They were invited by the 101 Society. This is an American association set up to honour their ex servicemen, particularly airbourn/special services. My old friend worked with US special forces as a Chintit in Burma. That was recorded and never forgotten. Every year until he was no longer able to attend they not only invited him, and his wife, but paid for everything so that he could attend. Now that is respect.

That silly boring old man with his fat dog, I am so pleased I gave him the time of day because he contributed to my education.

One last thing, his name was Arthur but the yanks called him Mick as they thought his Geordie accent was Irish ?

O

Edited by kinkell
Private
6 minutes ago, kinkell said:

What a man must have been lots like him with a story to tell  my own father was at Dunkirk for three days then 6 different countries in the middle East but didn't tell me much  royal engineers

I could write more about Arthur (Mick) but I am not a writer. I also regret that I did not make a record at the time of the things that he told me. Why would I?

Something that I wanted to get over was that he bored people for years, but did not care. The stories that he had that would impress people, he kept to himself. I was just lucky that I pissed him off on that day and after that, sometimes, occasionally, he would share them.

22 hours ago, tandors said:

You written that on here before mate? I'm sure I've heard that story before.

A good chance i have mate as that story will stay with me all my living days and i so hope he found peace with himself about it all....:victory:

A good read thanks.

You often wonder how different things would have been if Germany won the war.

What would you expect a country that wins a war to experience after it?

A sense of greater nationality, identity, economical prosperity, security, technology?

When you compare the UK and Germany as to who has benefited more from the wars outcome, it's clear who actually came out victorious. If you do extra homework it's an interesting study of complex intelligence ops and major double crossing within the British and German power structures, not to mention the American input just in time to seal the deal. 

1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

You can ask the question. I have no answer. Having the freedom to ask the question may be the answer? 

2 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

My response was to the Neopliviscaris177 question not the Keepitcovert one