Racing Greyhound litter question

Why not breed from Irish coursing stock,I've 2 full hounds and one is a kamakazi job,I ran her a few times and she's really a trier,wants to kill ... the others has a leg injury(gracilis muscle) but has won lots of races in England,,she's from coursing stick but raced on the track....and she's a savage when she sees anything she considers quarry,got me in a few awkward spots of late...if only one would come in season now...I think the damaged bitch would provide some drive in her pups,the other was put to a bull and I believe the pups turned out decent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well done beany, I bred a litter from a very good fast first cross saluki greyhound bitch that I bred myself, I put her to a top class open race dog, and kept two bitches back one killed its self at a

Breeding any dog is a gamble the first x saluki x usually throughs a aggressive killers saying that I've only seen two one my own not the best hare dog but loved teeth very full on the other a terrier

be interesting to know just how good they were honestly, I tell it how it is and in my view the ones I bred were not good enough, the dam to my first cross bitch was open race, and had produced open r

5 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Why not breed from Irish coursing stock,I've 2 full hounds and one is a kamakazi job,I ran her a few times and she's really a trier,wants to kill ... the others has a leg injury(gracilis muscle) but has won lots of races in England,,she's from coursing stick but raced on the track....and she's a savage when she sees anything she considers quarry,got me in a few awkward spots of late...if only one would come in season now...I think the damaged bitch would provide some drive in her pups,the other was put to a bull and I believe the pups turned out decent

You not tried giving the royal jelly tablets ? Meant to bring a bitch in season

23 minutes ago, Chid said:

Might just have been coincidence but a greyhound bitch I had came into season 8 days after I started giving her raspberry leaf tablets. 

2 hours ago, Chid said:

No,haven't tried to bring them in,was expecting them to come in naturally,but now I know about it,I might try it out

8 hours ago, Leeview said:

I know Charlie Lister very well ,more likely the dog would of been injured in his only race.

you might well be right, I have been a good friend of the family all my life grew up with his son, there was a lad used to run with us said that it was a very good dog so seames a strange thing to say if it only ran once, but I got use of it for free so nothing ventured as they say but experience gained. if you see him ask him about who built his house that was me I have not seen him for an age.

1 hour ago, Leeview said:

hes living by Dunham Bridge when he had our dog

was he living at the wood yard, I built him a house where his mam and dad lived just down the road, after his mam died, he moved his dad into a trailer so we could knock the little bungalow into the new house and he would not move out again, he was called Charlie as well and lived all his life in trailers.