Racing Greyhound litter question

2 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

All depends how much you want first x and how long you prepared to wait and a don’t think you need top class greyhound as they seem more injury prone a suppose an accidental kennel mating off 2 graders who had 100 races each would be better option for greyhound.

If your prepared to wait there’s not much point in breeding taking chances you may as well wait till someone else breeds An fetch a pup in off them the chances are the same without having all the hassle of rearing pups An finding decent homes for them 

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well done beany, I bred a litter from a very good fast first cross saluki greyhound bitch that I bred myself, I put her to a top class open race dog, and kept two bitches back one killed its self at a

Breeding any dog is a gamble the first x saluki x usually throughs a aggressive killers saying that I've only seen two one my own not the best hare dog but loved teeth very full on the other a terrier

be interesting to know just how good they were honestly, I tell it how it is and in my view the ones I bred were not good enough, the dam to my first cross bitch was open race, and had produced open r

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

If your prepared to wait there’s not much point in breeding taking chances you may as well wait till someone else breeds An fetch a pup in off them the chances are the same without having all the hassle of rearing pups An finding decent homes for them 

Yeah but if everyone thought like that no one would do it ever 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Yeah but if everyone thought like that no one would do it ever 

True blacky but it’s not as if saluki greyhounds are a none common cross like f1collie greyhounds or f1 bedlington greyhounds but get what ye saying razzda

27 minutes ago, poxon said:

True blacky but it’s not as if saluki greyhounds are a none common cross like f1collie greyhounds or f1 bedlington greyhounds but get what ye saying razzda

? you been on the carrot and wheatgerm mate?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, two crows said:

be interesting to know just how good they were honestly, I tell it how it is and in my view the ones I bred were not good enough, the dam to my first cross bitch was open race, and had produced open race class dogs, before I got her, the dog I used was a dog called bank tunnel a very good open race dog by all accounts.

according to Greyhound Data Bank Tunnel only had 1 race he won that so I suppose you could say he was unbeaten

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

? you been on the carrot and wheatgerm mate?

Yeah me an blacky been smoking it though a bong all afternoon to much vitamin e intake ??? come lamping time we won’t need night vision 

20 minutes ago, poxon said:

Yeah me an blacky been smoking it though a bong all afternoon to much vitamin e intake ??? come lamping time we won’t need night vision 

I hope you two won't be going lamping like this ?‍? ?‍♂️. None of my business of course ?. I suppose in these enlightened days people shouldn't feel oppressed or ashamed ?. No no, you pair crack on, oooh ?, nah, good on you lads ??

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Leeview said:

according to Greyhound Data Bank Tunnel only had 1 race he won that so I suppose you could say he was unbeaten

he was in training at Charlie listers  who was a top ngrc trainer who I knew from being a child, I don't know about data but think that's perhaps in correct.

9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I hope you two won't be going lamping like this ?‍? ?‍♂️. None of my business of course ?. I suppose in these enlightened days people shouldn't feel oppressed or ashamed ?. No no, you pair crack on, oooh ?, nah, good on you lads ??

We go proper ymca style when we lamp it’s like gay pride at night on the beam  ?️‍??? 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, poxon said:

We go proper ymca style when we lamp it’s like gay pride at night on the beam  ?️‍??? 

?? nah in all seriousness, everyone shout eat carrots, well, all veg which has beta carotene in it ?

• Like 1

Breeding any dog is a gamble the first x saluki x usually throughs a aggressive killers saying that I've only seen two one my own not the best hare dog but loved teeth very full on the other a terrier mans dog that seen as many foxes and heavy teeth as any bull x I've seen two brothers 3/4 grey deerhounds and one couldent blow wind in the others arse the good one killed thousands hares my mate owned him sadly he was killed his father was a good allround dog kill anything  I only make one decision in breeding is never breed of  a coward and you usually wont go wrong breed for yourself not others 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Leeview said:

Greyhound data only records major races (pre about 1995).Noticed he was from prairie pegs damline (very rare now_a great studdog producing line)

• Like 1