Racing Greyhound litter question

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well done beany, I bred a litter from a very good fast first cross saluki greyhound bitch that I bred myself, I put her to a top class open race dog, and kept two bitches back one killed its self at a

Breeding any dog is a gamble the first x saluki x usually throughs a aggressive killers saying that I've only seen two one my own not the best hare dog but loved teeth very full on the other a terrier

be interesting to know just how good they were honestly, I tell it how it is and in my view the ones I bred were not good enough, the dam to my first cross bitch was open race, and had produced open r

I’m guessing any one in the uk in modern times that’s bred a litter of f1 saluki greyhounds would of used a track dog or ex track dog to produce litters of coursing dogs the odds are still the same as breeding any dog there be good or bad same as good an bad dog men that can get the best out of a dog 

• Like 2

well done beany, I bred a litter from a very good fast first cross saluki greyhound bitch that I bred myself, I put her to a top class open race dog, and kept two bitches back one killed its self at a year old running into something and the other at about four doing the same, they could kill a hare in a bend or two and looked awesome, but they had no wind, and their feet were shocking, I put the same bitch to a well known pure saluki and got fast feathered pups, the bitch I kept was a five out of five bitch, and was at home on any land was never injured and lived to 15.

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, two crows said:

well done beany, I bred a litter from a very good fast first cross saluki greyhound bitch that I bred myself, I put her to a top class open race dog, and kept two bitches back one killed its self at a year old running into something and the other at about four doing the same, they could kill a hare in a bend or two and looked awesome, but they had no wind, and their feet were shocking, I put the same bitch to a well known pure saluki and got fast feathered pups, the bitch I kept was a five out of five bitch, and was at home on any land was never injured and lived to 15.

So what we saying then

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I think the man you need to ask is Mr Maxhardcore but the greyhound he used was top notch.

be interesting to know just how good they were honestly, I tell it how it is and in my view the ones I bred were not good enough, the dam to my first cross bitch was open race, and had produced open race class dogs, before I got her, the dog I used was a dog called bank tunnel a very good open race dog by all accounts.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, two crows said:

be interesting to know just how good they were honestly, I tell it how it is and in my view the ones I bred were not good enough, the dam to my first cross bitch was open race, and had produced open race class dogs, before I got her, the dog I used was a dog called bank tunnel a very good open race dog by all accounts.

Apart from them having no wind bad feet and killing umsens willy nilly I heard the were good dogs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s my thoughts if going to trouble to breed first cross litter the greyhound needs tested so best of getting greyhound whelp fetch it up like lurcher if ticks boxes use it to breed off getting a dog off track and having litter straight away may produce wastage and 9/10 s if get dog straight off track and take it straight in field end up injured or dead just my thought s.

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Apart from them having no wind bad feet and killing umsens willy nilly I heard the were good dogs

to be fair mate, if they dint get killed they would of been top notch to some folk, but I would not of bred from em il'e put it that way.

1 minute ago, two crows said:

to be fair mate, if they dint get killed they would of been top notch to some folk, but I would not of bred from em il'e put it that way.

Yeah I dont know much but I know about going 2 close to the greyhound lack of wind and so on and I'm just on about bull terrier hybrids bit  of whippet or summat else Berra than more grey imo

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

Here’s my thoughts if going to trouble to breed first cross litter the greyhound needs tested so best of getting greyhound whelp fetch it up like lurcher if ticks boxes use it to breed off getting a dog off track and having litter straight away may produce wastage and 9/10 s if get dog straight off track and take it straight in field end up injured or dead just my thought s.

I agree, but the practical aspect is a grey hound would fail 9 times out of ten in the field, you only need the speed, every thing else comes from saluki.

Just now, two crows said:

I agree, but the practical aspect is a grey hound would fail 9 times out of ten in the field, you only need the speed, every thing else comes from saluki.

All depends how much you want first x and how long you prepared to wait and a don’t think you need top class greyhound as they seem more injury prone a suppose an accidental kennel mating off 2 graders who had 100 races each would be better option for greyhound.

31 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I think the man you need to ask is Mr Maxhardcore but the greyhound he used was top notch.

Second that marvel  he knows his stuff just don't mention Tyson fury or the gravy  then you will get some sound advice