Plod accept those cheap digital safes, but I'm not a fan after seeing vids of someone opening one with a potato. I have A Brattonsound pistol cabinet as there's plenty of room for ammo, mags and mods. 

8 hours ago, walshie said:

Plod accept those cheap digital safes, but I'm not a fan after seeing vids of someone opening one with a potato. I have A Brattonsound pistol cabinet as there's plenty of room for ammo, mags and mods. 

What kind of potato? 

• Like 1

I’ve got a 10lt safe for all my extra ammo that doesn’t fit in the gun cabinet , I think it was 25 quid off eBay and firearms are more than happy with it as it’s bolted to the shotgun cabinet 

10C0C1A7-1C82-4D7C-9D82-E590DCFBE4E8.png

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve got a 10lt safe for all my extra ammo that doesn’t fit in the gun cabinet , I think it was 25 quid off eBay and firearms are more than happy with it as it’s bolted to the shotgun cabinet 

10C0C1A7-1C82-4D7C-9D82-E590DCFBE4E8.png

I’ve got one of these too, just use it for a few boxes of shotgun cartridges and a small camera in there. Seems fairly strong for the money. One of my safes is GVL Goliath. Probably the best safe I’ve seen, had it over 30 years and the firearms officers that have seen it comment on how strong it is. I tried to drill some more bolt holes in it once. No chance, drill wouldn’t touch it. Makes my brattonsounds look toytown by comparison.

There is no spec or law for any cabinet or safe. Ok it is sensible to protect and make sure that stuff doesn't get into the wrong hands and the "make it up as you go along plod" will say it is a requirement, " they wou' ld say that wouldn't they ". Shotgun carts don't have to be locked away but FAC stuff  does but any lockable metal container will do.  We shooters are half our own problem by over ramping up laws and shooting ourselves in the foot. As long as you can't easily walk off with the stuff it is secure..  I  have a lot of stuff and a lot of the security , I  made myself. It's passed a lot of security checks.  I know some people who have firearms and dont have a cabinet at all. There are different types of security and if a precedent  has been set they can't reverse it.

Edited by Meece
2 hours ago, Meece said:

There is no spec or law for any cabinet or safe. Ok it is sensible to protect and make sure that stuff doesn't get into the wrong hands and the "make it up as you go along plod" will say it is a requirement, " they wou' ld say that wouldn't they ". Shotgun carts don't have to be locked away but FAC stuff  does but any lockable metal container will do.  We shooters are half our own problem by over ramping up laws and shooting ourselves in the foot. As long as you can't easily walk off with the stuff it is secure..  I  have a lot of stuff and a lot of the security , I  made myself. It's passed a lot of security checks.  I know some people who have firearms and dont have a cabinet at all. There are different types of security and if a precedent  has been set they can't reverse it.

Scotland must be different as it is a requirement that it has so many levers in the locking mechanism and the steel is of a certain thickness,I’m sure if I’m wrong someone will let me no,wf

2mm thick and i believe 7cyclinders but that there safe Stavross and R/f have ive got the same from B n Q and it was 24 quid about 4 years ago .3mm steel big block bars to secure and a key .Not them plastic combilocks with the spring from a biro in ,there best described as something that leaves the rear exit of a body 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

Scotland must be different as it is a requirement that it has so many levers in the locking mechanism and the steel is of a certain thickness,I’m sure if I’m wrong someone will let me no,wf

Is this alleged requirement a lawful requirement or one that plod has made up on the hoof.  So many times plod has just ghosted up policy requirements and shooters have just gone along with it until someone has challenged it in a court of law and plod has had to retreat. It's death to shooting by a thousand cuts. It's all in the interpretation of the words and the inability of the shooting orgs to get into combat with plod and appeasing over a load of things.  It's like the current situation of doctors chits and who pays for them. I know of several people who have stupidly paid.  Then plod claims that it is the law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Meece said:

Is this alleged requirement a lawful requirement or one that plod has made up on the hoof.  So many times plod has just ghosted up policy requirements and shooters have just gone along with it until someone has challenged it in a court of law and plod has had to retreat. It's death to shooting by a thousand cuts. It's all in the interpretation of the words and the inability of the shooting orgs to get into combat with plod and appeasing over a load of things.  It's like the current situation of doctors chits and who pays for them. I know of several people who have stupidly paid.  Then plod claims that it is the law.

That I’m not sure of meece ,but if they have something that you want then you have to go along with what they require 

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:21, Meece said:

Those really are sweeping statements.  I agree with your basic sentiments but …………………………….

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/117794/security_leaflet.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/firearms-handbook-2005

Edited by Deker