Took what I call a nature walk tonight so grabbed a camera and my .410

You can have allot of fun with a .410 and it can box well above its weight!

I love a well fitting .410.

IMG_20190601_210258.jpg.86e965de3336a6c64eeb19b7f4ef5eee.jpg

Took one or two good photos too.

20190601_185827.jpg.f38244387d1bda6d447396a7872bd4fc.jpg

IMG_20190601_175831_145.jpg.a6dff2dff2a30b29f5a4989ddae06116.jpg

SD.

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 7

I love having a wander out with camera and a rifle, I have confused a few dog walkers in the past when they see me with both and can’t seem to grasp the I don’t shoot everything that moves and that I have an appreciation of wildlife and my surroundings ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I love having a wander out with camera and a rifle, I have confused a few dog walkers in the past when they see me with both and can’t seem to grasp the I don’t shoot everything that moves and that I have an appreciation of wildlife and my surroundings ?

Absolutely, same here.

I enjoyed the 410 so much yesterday I loaded some ammo this morning for when I can escape later!

IMG_20190602_103730_794.jpg.a23af703fdca2a59b47fb7445a4a9f04.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, tomburras said:

Lovely .410 iv just picked up the same gun is it a webley? I'm refinishing the stock as I type ace gun's.  Brings back a lot of memories

Yes mate, a Webley.

The reloads worked a treat this afternoon. Three squirrels.

Finding decent 1/2oz (14g) loads with some umph is getting difficult!

• Like 1

IMG_20190601_210258.jpg

That is a good bit of blacking. It's an even deep colour. Did you do that yourself?  That was the first gun that I had.  I had the DELUX model which had a chequering on the wrist and fore end. I only had it for about six months and moved up to a NEW Laurona double 12. The 410 just didn't have enough grunt for me.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

No sir its original. It has some blemishes up by the muzzle but still in good condition.

Someone cleaned and oiled it over the years. Everyone started on a Webley 410. They were solid British engineering at a cheap price that didn't hurt dads pocket to much. The countryside was different then and not buried in housing estates and the plod wasn't called out every time that someone saw someone with a gun.  The politicians haven't got a pair between them and it won't go back to how it was. Still most of the lads nowadays are either gay or have got their heads glued to a mobile phone. Stiĺ one day the population will get up to saturation level. Perhaps the jovas as are right and that Armageddon or the zombie apocalypse will happen. Still you've got a nice example of the Webley  there. 

• Thanks 1