Strange bred

1 hour ago, zx12edge said:

My strange bred dog has turned out to be a handy fella and capable of most things.  Really enjoying my time with him long may it last 667829953_murphy2.jpg.b2b2010b007a7e2f1426876c07e423e3.jpg

Met you at the cheshire game fair with my lad, a couple of years ago. Was quite surprised how fairly lightly built, but strong, that he is under that coat ?

11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Met you at the cheshire game fair with my lad, a couple of years ago. Was quite surprised how fairly lightly built, but strong, that he is under that coat ?

When he was a pup i thought he was going to turn out heavy. He got a a good running dog shape to him last time i weighed him was just over 30 kg 

16 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

When he was a pup i thought he was going to turn out heavy. He got a a good running dog shape to him last time i weighed him was just over 30 kg 

Yeah I was quite surprised, cos he looks a fair bit heavier ?

51 minutes ago, shaaark said:

He's an impressive looking dog in the flesh ?

He's a one off Shaaark he is the only one left out of his litter as far as i know ,his sister was mustard till she got out and did a bit of free lancing on a few sheep and got shot.. Glad i spent the time and stock broke mine. he made 30 tts and is very confidant not many folk put there hand out to him without asking  is he ok lol

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

He's a one off Shaaark he is the only one left out of his litter as far as i know ,his sister was mustard till she got out and did a bit of free lancing on a few sheep and got shot.. Glad i spent the time and stock broke mine. he made 30 tts and is very confidant not many folk put there hand out to him without asking  is he ok lol

Yeah you know what mate,  up until about 3 years ago, We had a 1st x deer/grey x 1st x collie/grey. She was 29" tts and 80lb and extremely powerful. Plenty of people, even experienced lurcher owners were a bit wary of her. Soft as f**k with everything  as long as it wasn't in the field. More like an alpha male, rather than a bitch, especially with other dogs, and hard/extreme with all other male dogs.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, zx12edge said:

sire is picardy shepard x greyhound dam is bovier des flanders x deerhound greyhond

very nice looking dog mate, how did the parents ever get bred not what you see every day, how good were his parents, and is he better, could be a replacement fore the deerhound cross.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, zx12edge said:

My strange bred dog has turned out to be a handy fella and capable of most things.  Really enjoying my time with him long may it last 667829953_murphy2.jpg.b2b2010b007a7e2f1426876c07e423e3.jpg

looks ideal for a nice deerhound or a deerhound cross, anybody ever ask?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, zx12edge said:

Lovely dog mate but was his sire and dame workers ? Strange mix is why I ask. Atb