no mole pricing

my mate has been a pest controller for 25yrs + out doing moles forever and a day, I'm going to ask the thick fecker why he has spent so much money on traps, but every week throws ferret shit and sawdust away?  

Thing is do I ask him this face to face or over the phone? as I think I know what the response is going to be  

8 hours ago, Our team said:

Better than rat or mouse bitting through your stuff.. 

I don't leave anything lying about to be knawed through, I use my shed for home loading, feck doing that with a peg on my nose because I've filled my shed with ferret shit ffs 

I've never had a no mole - no fee guarantee bite me on the 'arris, but I once pulled out of a job after catching about 16 moles and couldn't get to the end of them. The location was on the outside of my patch and not in an area I usually work or travel through, so it was more hassle than it was worth. That was about 6 years ago. Normally I would be in and out inside three weeks to clear a large garden with a one month call back guarantee for any new activity. Very rarely have I been called back - until this year. With the continual wet weather extending three or four months longer than usual the first, second and third litters have all had it easy and giving me and my customers grief.

Whereas for a clearance I'd be done in three weeks, usually 4 or 5 visits including setting the traps it is now taking months to get to the end of the new arrivals in some cases. I started a new job in February and have checked at least weekly. One trap in an area where a fence would have been many years ago caught a mole a week for twelve consecutive weeks. Another garden where I took 6, 6, 7 & 6 in clearances over the previous years has yielded 24 last year and 21 this year. And this is reflected in many of the same gardens I've been doing for years.

A couple of weeks ago I stopped taking new business as I'm already up to the amount I earned in 2016 & 2017 and almost up to last year's total. It is relentless and given the change in weather cycles seems to have prolonged the warm, wet springs and shortened the cold, dry winters it looks like a re-think of my strategy.

Anybody got any ferret schit?

• Like 1

Couple of years and I'll be hanging up the traps. Ideal job opportunity for a semi-retired pestie. I only do about two days a week at most and only moles. Got a good customer  base with regular contract work. Anyone who wanted to do more hours and branch into wasps, hornets and rodents would be a millionaire by this time next year Rodney. ?

• Haha 1