Something different

Last night, I had a drive to one of my perms just for a look around, one the way back, some very small rabbits were playing in the lane and on the grass verge. I slowed right down to let them get out of the way and while I was almost stopped, a young badger came out from the long grass, sat in the middle of the lane for a scratch. I rolled the car very slowly and within about 15' I put the hand brake on. Expecting the badger to run off, I was surprised to see he or she was quite happy to forage in the grass so moving slowly with the phone camera, I got to about two feet away and took a photo, and then talking to the little chap he thought it was time to leave after all what the hell was this big lump next to him making strange sounds. The little badger walked on my foot while making a clumsy departure and like a fool I only took a few still shots instead of a video but I was so fascinated by what I was looking at, it never crossed my mind to shoot video footage.

Here he or she is.

20190531_201512_zpsblyryf03.jpg

That is extremely unlikely to have that experience in my like again so forgive the quality of the photo after all it was a wonderful moment.

Phil

• Like 11

Nice, its amazing how close you can get to them as they do seem to have poor eyesight. Been laying in hedges before and had them almost run over my legs. When out lamping for rabbits with the red torch you can often walk right on top of them if you're downwind of them Mind you there are so many round here that they seem to out number the rabbits and we are in one of the cull areas.

3 hours ago, The one said:

Summer a great time when all the  wildlife are young and stupid 

Seen a fox cub walking down the white line at the edge of the A30 on Thurs night/Fri morning and saw it or another on the opposite side of the fuel carriageway about 3 hours later doing exactly the same.   Fully expect to see it's remains there tomorrow night.

Cheers, D.

• Sad 1