1 hour ago, MickC said:

I agree as earlier in there careers all three of them where a lot more active.Wilder had 9 fights in a year Fury had 8 fights in a year and Joshua had 7 fights in a year. Now there at the top level like I mentioned its 2 fights a year and all about there marketability and keeping ppv figures high and getting the most from sponsors, endorsements etc . Boxing is big business now so its easy to see why they do it but it is frustrating for fans .

Thank you mick, that's the point I'm trying to make. NO-ONE needs 10-12 weeks to prepare for a fight. Of course I understand about the marketing etc for he fight etc etc, but what a load of bollox. They could, and should, be fighting at least 3-4 times a year. Fighting sometimes just once a year is, quite frankly, ridculous

Edited by shaaark

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it was a strange old fight,Joshuas demeanour before ,during and after the fight puzzled me ,only Joshua knows if he took the easy way out (and even be may not be sure) I will probably have t

this guy just beat Anthony Joshua and now I’m never going to the f***ing gym again.. pass me a steak bake and a pint this is gonna be my year 

You probably lifted lb's not kg's. Rusty just lifts shirts.

Posted Images

Out of his 105 amateur bouts Andy Ruiz won 100 of them 

Ruiz is a harder fight for Joshua than Miller wouldlve been 

i can see Ruiz looking good in the early going,stealing a few early rounds,then getting stopped in the 6-7th round 

So average 8 fights a year.. shock and horror only 6 to 7 weeks to prepare including recovery from previous fight. It's the promoters that are ducking and not the fighters. You could dig a dog after 3 weeks.

That Taylor result was a disgrace, Persoon was relentless. Taylor was walking in in straight lines taking shots and walking straight back out taking shots. For all Taylors skills Persoon out worked and out landed Taylor comfortably. A good fight but the wrong winner. Typical drivel from Sky pundits before the fight “Taylors a machine” blah blah. The reaction of both fighters at the end said a lot, Persoon knew she won that fight .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, MickC said:

That Taylor result was a disgrace, Persoon was relentless. Taylor walking in in straight lines taking shots and walking straight back out taking shots. For all Taylors skills Persoon out worked and out landed Taylor comfortably. A good fight but the wrong winner. Typical drivel from Sky pundits before the fight “Taylors a machine” blah blah. The reaction of both fighters at the end said a lot, Persoon knew she won that fight .

Agreed, the other girl was awkward and Taylor couldn't handle it, I think she was well out of gas at the end as well... 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, gazjon5 said:

Agreed, the other girl was awkward and Taylor couldn't handle it, I think she was well out of gas at the end as well... 

Taylor was lucky to not get stopped in that last round, felt sorry for Persoon. Like I say for all Taylors skill she was out worked and out landed by Persoon who just never let. Bad decision . Josh Kelly was lucky to get a draw tonight.He might look good against lesser fighters but tonight he looked poor which I knew he would once he stepped up.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

Well Ive got to be first to say it “ First fight outside his own back yard” The big three is down to the big 2. ??? Get in there, found out before he even got to fight Fury or Wilder ? I cant wait to see Hearns next clip on Youtube ? I always said hed get beat off Fury and Wilder but tbh I could’nt see Ruiz doing it. Well done, the first Mexican Heavyweight World Champion ?

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1