5 hours ago, billhardy said:

Get over it rabid the fecking gassey thing got its just deserved I would have all likely and probability shot the fecker in older agefa worrying the team.our little pack  but red sorted would I have seen it this way now  damn fecking right I would but probably took the carcass home da the ferrits  atb billl

Mine wont eat labrador  Berra off feeding it to the inlaws they eat ote

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Mine wont eat labrador  Berra off feeding it to the inlaws they eat ote

Yeah, I feed my ferts thermador,the inlaws can catch their own dinner.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gilbey said:

not as many around now that folk don't let dogs roam, but the lab x collies are much more lurcher like and would be a better starting point imo

when I was a kid there was a first cross saluki greyhound called brin he belonged to alan hickman, and was half brother to my first dog, he roamed the village all the time and was responsible for more than one litter of handy mongrels lol.

• Like 2

Well, after six/seven pages it seems a few folks have seen lab lurchers run and I can't recall a bad 'review'?

What they lack in speed I'd expect they'd make up for in durability and train-ability.

• Like 3

Don’t know if I’ve posed already...........anyway.......I remember a local old fella who owned two whippet labs back in 1980’s. Couldn’t comment on how much lab. One was like a straight whippet other a bit stockier, both sandy in colour. He used to go ferreting and daytime hunting with them.......said they were good working dogs....no more no less.

Stick something like this over it to get a lighter frame but hold some speed,/stamina plus pretty stable genetically so should throw a level litter.😉

received_1611703215589652.thumb.jpeg.5ae09b44745276c54b7446654f7ce70c.jpeg.47f8094a7c55b26cbc8fd487061fe773.jpeg

4 hours ago, sandymere said:

Stick something like this over it to get a lighter frame but hold some speed,/stamina plus pretty stable genetically so should throw a level litter.😉

received_1611703215589652.thumb.jpeg.5ae09b44745276c54b7446654f7ce70c.jpeg.47f8094a7c55b26cbc8fd487061fe773.jpeg

The pups might have normal sized snouts an all😁

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Wonder what a ebt over one would look like🤔

That's where the elongated Hooters come from in them Galapagos the was outcrossed wi ebt centuries ago dykos had a litter of first x I'm told

• Haha 1

My bitches weren't impressed with Woody the stud, shame would have been chips off the old block 😉

IMG_20190601_112033.jpg.bafab4e36a6c2f3d90896503d22b0658.jpg

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

My bitches weren't impressed with Woody the stud, shame would have been chips off the old block 😉

I'd stick to the art if I were you, comedy's not your thing, a bit wooden …

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Black neck said:

That's where the elongated Hooters come from in them Galapagos the was outcrossed wi ebt centuries ago dykos had a litter of first x I'm told

I was always told greyhounds have old bulldog blood,whippets have a good dose of bull blood imo.Mine don't start fights but will pile in on any fight that starts around them.

I would think a well bred athletic first cross lab/greyhound would be more deserving of the title lurcher than quite a few dogs out there.

• Like 2

I suppose that's the issue with most cross breeding, you don't quite know how they are going to throw in the first instance.

Its a way off just now so plenty of time to try and find a decent stud to do the job.

I quite like the theory of this, and there was a chap looking at foxhound crosses, but we must not forget that these things are not new, and have been abandoned for a reason, what that reason is I don't know, but when saluki's first started being crossed into lurchers something happened that that made them the ultimate hare dog, and we still have them, labs took over from flatcoats, for a reason, and the minority spaniel breads have been left behind for a reason.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 3