18 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Bit of track but some yrs a go pal bred a twenty six inch saluki mixed predominately lurcher two a first X collie spaniel these jukels bad all the ability of a gun dog breed plus lots smaller easier ta keep fantastic temperaments great in cover plus water now fa there size thy were equally has quick has a f1 collie xs but had more running ability top end could hang on in there a wee while,killing coneys birds etc mooching about only needs something around twent one ta twenty three more than enough one don't need sixty pound in weight ds this type a work lab greyhounds can come in way above the average lurcher size and weight the sal does lots ta the frame on a jukel the greyhound adds tons a power plus weight so does the modern working type whippet these in lots a cases are bigger heavier than non peds pound da pound different breeds with the same breed type name, the bitch has a massive outcome if any xs more so in a first generation breed of a jukel fa me a super fast up and at em coursing type will give you a chance of something in the nest.its okay and fine saying this will catch this that  deep winter the little coney will stretch the quickest if jukels simples has that.atb bill

Underestimated the old rabbit is

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it depends on what you want from a lurcher, they are different things to different people. I want a mooching dog that can work with bushers and ferrets, have a few runs on the lamp and help me

To be fair it is right that a lot of issues on shoots are caused by labs kicking off but as a percentage it’s still pretty low.  Out of interest. The picture on the forestry track is the Bitch I

For me in the right hands should make ideal mooching/marking/ferreting dogs. Ideal for fur and feather i could never understand why they were not more popular compared to first cross collie/greys and

Posted Images

Perhaps they are not a popular cross because of litter wastage in the first cross, most people are too impatient / lack time to start a breeding programme. Also it could be something as simple as fashion.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, talt said:

Perhaps they are not a popular cross because of litter wastage in the first cross, most people are too impatient / lack time to start a breeding programme. Also it could be something as simple as fashion.

brian plummer used to go in for breading programs, and all anyone ever saw was the end result, I always wandered what happened to all the other poor fkrs on the way to his goal.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, talt said:

There's far more to a ginger afro than fashion

6 hours ago, shaaark said:

You found that perfect loam yet mate? ?

No such thing furg all these lads chopping and changing compost at the end o the day you dig it and add the shite it only has to please you 

Feck what anyone else thinks

9 hours ago, two crows said:

brian plummer used to go in for breading programs, and all anyone ever saw was the end result, I always wandered what happened to all the other poor fkrs on the way to his goal.

Plenty of terriers can do the job of a plummer,imo brian was looking for a legacy,his name forever on a breed.Close inbreeding and severe culling,an inhumane shortcut to please his ego.You might say this needs to be done to cement a line,I'd rather go the long way.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1
On 02/06/2019 at 19:52, billhardy said:

Think a mentioned this before we had a greyhound kill a labradour inta fields the greyhound was sound with all our others jukels tykes ,just a b*****d a of a lab paid the price left them to it result dead lab .atb bill

Why did you feel the need to post that shite bill?? Same as your post about throwing the dead whippet in the river. If your gonna be a Cnut there’s no need to tell us about it. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Why did you feel the need to post that shite bill?? Same as your post about throwing the dead whippet in the river. If your gonna be a Cnut there’s no need to tell us about it. 

Careful d, I can imagine bill sharpening his clemming kit, and trying to reference your post code as we speak ?

11 hours ago, dogmandont said:

What's a matter dog  not man dry ya eyes and get ta bed it's past your bed time atb bill

I had a golden lab x golden retriever that I used for  bushing and over the ferrets using both gun and nets .He was a great bushing dog & could catch a rabbit on the fly  due to his long wheel base ,bloody handy dog on a big river too on ducks,swam like a seal & had a very good tracking nose ,he just didn't know the word quit.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1