• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it depends on what you want from a lurcher, they are different things to different people. I want a mooching dog that can work with bushers and ferrets, have a few runs on the lamp and help me

To be fair it is right that a lot of issues on shoots are caused by labs kicking off but as a percentage it’s still pretty low.  Out of interest. The picture on the forestry track is the Bitch I

For me in the right hands should make ideal mooching/marking/ferreting dogs. Ideal for fur and feather i could never understand why they were not more popular compared to first cross collie/greys and

Posted Images

5 hours ago, two crows said:

the speed of a lab will add nothing to a lurcher, they are slow, just like collies, Alsatians etc, they only look quick compared to another slow thing or a wounded cock bird that is running cos he is injured. its other things the base breed brings to the table.

Two crows I doubt a lab has the top end speed of a working alsation but I get ya drif ,a lab xed with another base will help ta lighten them up  perhaps a labradoodle of the standard type would be a better option more stamina more speed lighter framed tons of brain ,just a thought  but a feeesible one ,atb bill

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Think a mentioned this before we had a greyhound kill a labradour inta fields the greyhound was sound with all our others jukels tykes ,just a b*****d a of a lab paid the price left them to it result dead lab .atb bill

Why would you just sit and let two dogs fight to the death ? That makes you a pr**k and no better than (in fact worse) than those who dog fight for money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My pal had a lab first x in the late 80s . Lacked a bit top end pace . But had a little burst and strike of a cobra when it mattered . Not enough of them for a strong gene pool . But if bred to type for 4/5 generations . They could add to even coursing types imo . Oh , that same dog was mustard on fox

Edited by The drover
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

Why would you just sit and let two dogs fight to the death ? That makes you a pr**k and no better than (in fact worse) than those who dog fight for money.

Listen rabid I was a small wee boy at the time and fa hats it's worth ta you your the prick having the full details or gas in your case reading the script how your tiny mind sees it his just about your take on it and fa what it's worth the greyhound killey it dead in a moment  no fighting necessary atb bill 

7 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Listen rabid I was a small wee boy at the time and fa hats it's worth ta you your the prick having the full details or gas in your case reading the script how your tiny mind sees it his just about your take on it and fa what it's worth the greyhound killey it dead in a moment  no fighting necessary atb bill 

Oh shut up and go have a think about what you said.

‘’Just a b*****d of a lab paid the price left them to it result dead lab’’

that one statement says it all, No fighting necessary ? I suppose it just looked at it to kill it and you didn’t really just ‘’leave them to it’’ as it obviously happened so fast.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Rabid said:

that one statement says it all, No fighting necessary ? I suppose it just looked at it to kill it and you didn’t really just ‘’leave them to it’’ as it obviously happened so fast.

Get over it rabid the fe

14 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Get over it rabid the fecking gassey thing got its just deserved I would have all likely and probability shot the fecker in older agefa worrying the team.our little pack  but red sorted would I have seen it this way now  damn fecking right I would but probably took the carcass home da the ferrits  atb billl

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, billhardy said:

Get over it rabid the fecking gassey thing got its just deserved I would have all likely and probability shot the fecker in older agefa worrying the team.our little pack  but red sorted would I have seen it this way now  damn fecking right I would but probably took the carcass home da the ferrits  atb billl

Mine wont eat labrador  Berra off feeding it to the inlaws they eat ote

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Gilbey said:

not as many around now that folk don't let dogs roam, but the lab x collies are much more lurcher like and would be a better starting point imo

when I was a kid there was a first cross saluki greyhound called brin he belonged to alan hickman, and was half brother to my first dog, he roamed the village all the time and was responsible for more than one litter of handy mongrels lol.

• Like 2