4 hours ago, two crows said:

the o p only mentions his lab, no consideration given to the grey at all, funny how that happens, we say allsorts about using distance greys only to add wind, or working one's, but truth be told 99 times out of a hundred any old grey is used, and they never get the blame for any faults that appear, the collie gets the blame for picking runs, saluki for bad recall, lol, when truth be told greys jack through no stamina, are incapable of multiple runs in quick succession, and often go deaf if they get loose, and can be terrible with other dogs, but nothing faster, katchum said they would make up for lack of speed in other ways and they would, and in that case, like bill said there other things out there better suited.

I have seen lots of greyhound typef1 and fa me those that want tons of running in there jukel be far better using a coursing type  they will give that little bit extra in the stamina plus ones recovery foot structure natural ability ta stay sound when putta the sword with ex essive amounts a running don't get fooled fa those that don't know the I know where I would oppt for I seen lab greys mate had a pair sibling f1they are just general purpose. Oo hers maybe lampers  my bets the inclusion of saluki blood will lighten them up give better recovery and ten times more running in them  we bred the malli saluki lurcher types there's two that we kept both bitches that can literally run all night mad fa teeth any teeth don't blow I put this down ta the dropof sal blood in them that came through they were seleted at birth then has they developed. Greyhound addds speed but also power and bulk not good fa a jukel that needs ta run all. Night consecutively labs add more bulk one may get lucky and throw a houndy one or two these breed xsrs are best fa selr tion for ones self keeping the odd jukels on the nest then they can be bred on from to produce superior types. Atb bill

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it depends on what you want from a lurcher, they are different things to different people. I want a mooching dog that can work with bushers and ferrets, have a few runs on the lamp and help me

To be fair it is right that a lot of issues on shoots are caused by labs kicking off but as a percentage it’s still pretty low.  Out of interest. The picture on the forestry track is the Bitch I

For me in the right hands should make ideal mooching/marking/ferreting dogs. Ideal for fur and feather i could never understand why they were not more popular compared to first cross collie/greys and

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, billhardy said:

I have seen lots of greyhound typef1 and fa me those that want tons of running in there jukel be far better using a coursing type  they will give that little bit extra in the stamina plus ones recovery foot structure natural ability ta stay sound when putta the sword with ex essive amounts a running don't get fooled fa those that don't know the I know where I would oppt for I seen lab greys mate had a pair sibling f1they are just general purpose. Oo hers maybe lampers  my bets the inclusion of saluki blood will lighten them up give better recovery and ten times more running in them  we bred the malli saluki lurcher types there's two that we kept both bitches that can literally run all night mad fa teeth any teeth don't blow I put this down ta the dropof sal blood in them that came through they were seleted at birth then has they developed. Greyhound addds speed but also power and bulk not good fa a jukel that needs ta run all. Night consecutively labs add more bulk one may get lucky and throw a houndy one or two these breed xsrs are best fa selr tion for ones self keeping the odd jukels on the nest then they can be bred on from to produce superior types. Atb bill

??!  bill, I understood that. Keep it it up mate ??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, billhardy said:

That carrot and wheat germ doing you wonders mate

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, two crows said:

regardless of the labs shape they will still be f1, and could be cloddy, same as collie f1s.

Perhaps I just got lucky but I grew up with a lab x collie grey of unknown percentage. The bitch we had witch was gifted to my old man and was nicknamed by the handful of lads who seen her work regular as the exocet because of her ability to get up and onto game. She was a true all round animal as well, it wasn’t until my later years that I realised just how good she was. The damn was a tiny lab by all accounts and nothing special to look at and the mating purely accidental.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, trigger2 said:

20190601_131826.jpg

Trigg, she's got a lurcherish sort of head. Looking back do you think there might've been a dash of whippet or greyhound in there?

Just reread your post trigg lol ??

Edited by shaaark
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Trigg, she's got a lurcherish sort of head. Looking back do you think there might've been a dash of whippet or greyhound in there?

Pics are difficult at best a timesbut she could pass for a three eights five eights collie grey  seems like she followed the lurcher not the lab In phenotype atb bill

11 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I can't see what they would bring to a running dog except a big appetite.As bird said 1/4 lab would be ok but 1/4 a lot of dogs would be ok.I've seen a lot that are dog aggressive and would never spoil a running dog line with one.

I don't think the labs you have over there will be the same type of lab as the working ones we have over here.

I think it depends on what you want from a lurcher, they are different things to different people. I want a mooching dog that can work with bushers and ferrets, have a few runs on the lamp and help me out deer stalking and maybe even pick up the odd shot bird. I think a lab x would suit me. If I wanted a dog to do alot of nights on the lamp or big ground I'd be looking for a different x

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I think it depends on what you want from a lurcher, they are different things to different people. I want a mooching dog that can work with bushers and ferrets, have a few runs on the lamp and help me out deer stalking and maybe even pick up the odd shot bird. I think a lab x would suit me. If I wanted a dog to do alot of nights on the lamp or big ground I'd be looking for a different x

And that's fine that's what  jukel ta me his about in your post but the majority of modern day keepers want at least fifty runs fr a Jul el a night some double that twice a week plus explosive take off da a free bolting ferritin cur. The jukel of old hos fa me for the old and those that bee.n and gone f I ll circle  myself I cluded atb bill

33 minutes ago, billhardy said:

And that's fine that's what  jukel ta me his about in your post but the majority of modern day keepers want at least fifty runs fr a Jul el a night some double that twice a week plus explosive take off da a free bolting ferritin cur. The jukel of old hos fa me for the old and those that bee.n and gone f I ll circle  myself I cluded atb bill

? bill?!!