Absolutely gutted

Just got out the bath and looked out the window and my albino jill was bouncing down the garden. Chucked some clobber on and ran out, caught her but lost my other poley jill. Had her about 3-4 years and she is mine and my daughter's favourite. I am not looking forward to telling her in the morning.

Top part of hutch had both latches undone, I'm not convinced it was a mistake by me but no evidence of foul play. I have put a trap out to see if I can catch her but not holding my breath, live in middle of fields on edge of a farming village, needle and haystack.

As per title absolutely gutted.

20180101_141617.jpg

IMG-20180131-WA0004.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f***ing hell I've heard some shite in my time but this is turning into a beauty. Imprinting? It's a ferret not a f***ing hawk. When a ferret escapes from its cage it comes back for one thing, a f

please don't encourage him 

marking ferrets his ferrets don't work never mind mark. utter shxxt 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lamper121 said:

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you get it back. I've been through that feeling before! 

Thanks fella. Horrible feeling, proper wounded. Worried about how little un is guna take it.

Hope you get her back mate. Mate got one of his back as somebody posted on FB a ferret was in their kitchen. I'm not on FB but if you are could post something.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Arry said:

Hope you get her back mate. Mate got one of his back as somebody posted on FB a ferret was in their kitchen. I'm not on FB but if you are could post something.

Cheers Arry

I'm not on f**k book either arry. Got a mate keeping an eye on there for me.

• Like 1

I lost one and she just appeared back at the hutch a couple of days later. Also twice caught them in catch a live traps after losing them whilst out ferreting. Keeper once found a jill a full 3 weeks after I lost her so don’t give up hope. 

5 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

I lost one and she just appeared back at the hutch a couple of days later. Also twice caught them in catch a live traps after losing them whilst out ferreting. Keeper once found a jill a full 3 weeks after I lost her so don’t give up hope. 

I had an RSPCA woman turn up in a van with a Jill that had escaped about 3 weeks earlier, was in good health and had been caught by some workers at a unit about 1/4 mile away and the RSPCA asked the local vets if they knew anyone in the area with ferts. 

Good luck mate.

Cheers, D.