I don't think anyone can really answer the original question, it depends where you are in life.

I know my answer would have changed from where I was at one time to where I am now!

• Like 6

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

grass is never greener imo .....I chased money for yrs......I'm alot happier in myself,watching my children grow and home for 5 pm everyday,sometimes moneys tight but always get by 1 way or the other.

Define "silly money"?I have done silly things for silly money in the past,but its got to be so silly its f***ing hilarious.

Depends on the individual's financial situation,  money can buy you lots of things but peace of mind and health won't be bought, and shifts and boredom will affect your health eventually. Your he

35 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I tell my kids if  they do what they love in life they will never work a day in it.

I told my kids if you cant earn a fortune,marry someone who can ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
11 hours ago, mackem said:

I told my kids if you cant earn a fortune,marry someone who can ?

I told mine I look forward to a Range Rover Autobiography and Aston Martin DB11 for all the years I invested in them! :D:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, trappa said:

Theorhetically. Your self employed, business is ticking along nicely and your earning enough to pay the bills and get a nice holiday every year but, most importantly, you absolutely LOVE your job.

If someone offers you a job which is a massive payrise, bordering on silly money, but its pish poor shifts and will be boring as foook (but not hard graft) would you take it?

Asking for a friend.....?

Your only here once if you.ve got a job you like doing keep doing it its harder to get up at 4 30 to go to a job you dont like than one you do

11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

2500! A month, geez a job del ?

lol should have asked a month ago we've just taken 45 men on over the last month, the beauty of our place is if your on the sick for up to 12 weeks you get full pay after that a further 12 weeks  at half pay............ not to shabby 

Only that person can know how they feel,if your in debt,then a load more cash will help,what age the guy is will be a factor.but if it was stupid more,id take it.the man who said money cant buy happiness was a mental case

I was self-employed for years, I got sick to the back teeth of chasing unpaid bills, falling out with awkward customers always wanting to chip the price when work was done. Ok when I was self-employed I could come and go when I pleased and not work to a clock, but 3-4 weeks of bad rain and I was like a bear with a toothache.

When I work out now what I get for what I do it's not a bad screw and a lot less stress.....................but feck me I miss the days when I think ok that's enough for today I'm off shooting, now I have to wait until 4.15 lol 

It's simply everyone is different, different aspirations, drive etc... Your mate may not have the drive to make the money and be happy for ever doing what he does... he may regret not taking the chance.... who knows??

What is right for me certainly wouldn't be right for others, I like work most of the time, I've grafted for 25 years self employed, and it's opened some nice opportunities for me... I like a gamble in business, I like to push for it... I'm told I work too much, but I'm 42... maybe I do, but I won't be at it when I'm 52.... Like said everyone's different, I couldn't handle a 9-5 or a factory job etc... I like making my own luck (or bad luck!!)... but I can certainly see why people do like the safety of that type of work... have these types of chats with some of my mates, we've grown up together, same estate, same type of upbringing.... yet they are happy as a pig in shit still on the same estate getting by, lovely families etc etc.... it was never for me...

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, sid g said:

heard that somewhere before ..

Well not completely stop obviously.... that's stupid!! lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s easy, live your life your way but don’t complain when times are a bit lean.....you can’t go to all the weddings and none of the funerals ;) 

• Like 2