Theorhetically. Your self employed, business is ticking along nicely and your earning enough to pay the bills and get a nice holiday every year but, most importantly, you absolutely LOVE your job.

If someone offers you a job which is a massive payrise, bordering on silly money, but its pish poor shifts and will be boring as foook (but not hard graft) would you take it?

Asking for a friend.....?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

grass is never greener imo .....I chased money for yrs......I'm alot happier in myself,watching my children grow and home for 5 pm everyday,sometimes moneys tight but always get by 1 way or the other.

Define "silly money"?I have done silly things for silly money in the past,but its got to be so silly its f***ing hilarious.

Depends on the individual's financial situation,  money can buy you lots of things but peace of mind and health won't be bought, and shifts and boredom will affect your health eventually. Your he

Depends on the individual's financial situation,  money can buy you lots of things but peace of mind and health won't be bought, and shifts and boredom will affect your health eventually.

Your health is your wealth, which I have come to realise after the last few weeks,   ?

• Like 6

grass is never greener imo .....I chased money for yrs......I'm alot happier in myself,watching my children grow and home for 5 pm everyday,sometimes moneys tight but always get by 1 way or the other....depends on your pal,but to me personally as I get older I want the easy life?family time,hunting and fishing when i please....not being some f***ing robot working shifts?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Retired now but was self employed most of my working life, but for about 8 years I work in a factory doing shifts on the production line and hated it. Then got on the maintenance team in the same factory, better but I hated the shifts. IMO shift work Fecks you up. Was never happier than when I was self employed. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
8 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I work in a factory never be rich but it’s not shift work ,8-5 mon to thurs, 8-12.30 fri

so it’s great for when I go up to wales to see me kids , an sometimes there’s overtime?

Same here 7.30 4.15 mon-thurs, fri 7.30 - 11.30 no more than 5 min drive to work............easy work for 2500 a month and upto 20 hrs a week over if ya want it 

never be rich.............but with the wifes wage we get by and don't go without, been offered more pay to go away, what price do you put on being home every night and peace of mind........

• Like 2

I work 12 hour shifts three weekends a month as well I like the job and the money is the best I’ve ever earned but shift work does get on my tits sometimes, I was 55 the other day I’m knocking it on the head when I’m 60 I can’t wait. 

My advice to your mate is he will get bored don’t do it.

I'm in work now typing this I bloody live here. 

Edited by FLATTOP
1 hour ago, trappa said:

Theorhetically. Your self employed, business is ticking along nicely and your earning enough to pay the bills and get a nice holiday every year but, most importantly, you absolutely LOVE your job.

If someone offers you a job which is a massive payrise, bordering on silly money, but its pish poor shifts and will be boring as foook (but not hard graft) would you take it?

Asking for a friend.....?

I suppose your pal will do whatever he needs to do and what fits with his character.

• Like 2

I work to live a lot of people live to work i do 39 hours a week half 7 till 4 mon to thur and finish at 3 on a Friday i don’t get a bad wage mate i haven’t got a lot but what I’ve got is my own there’s more to life then work and money but each to there own as long has your happy that’s the main atb longers01 

• Like 4