Bed chairs - what's good and what's not?

I've got a week away coming up, got a campsite booked and planning on sea fishing from shore and kayak. As space isnt an issue I fancy something comfy to sleep on rather than the floor. A bed chair looks ideal. Anyone got any suggestions?

I bought one of the first JRC 2 leg Aluminum defenders when they came out around 20 years ago, and have easily done more than 500 nights on it since then. Still use it now and still has plenty of life left in it. Nice and light but obviously not as stable as the newer 3 or 4 leg ones.

• Like 1

My son has a Nash all singing all dancing complete sleep system,£500 and you need a separate motor to transport it in, comfy beyond your wildest dreams, I would be more inclined to have a look at somewhere like go outdoors and buy an army style stretcher bed for far less money or even some of the inflatable stuff is far superior to the old squeekie plastic ones that used to deflate half way through the night, my daughter does a lot of camping with the duke of edingborough scheme, she,s the teacher, and she has a tipi and an inflatable double bed has spent a lot of nights on it no problem ??

Cheers lads. I think I've decided to take the van to stay in and spend the money i would've spent on the bed chair on a string of crab pots! For what it's worth I'd pretty much settled on the cyprinus super xxl one for £140 on eBay. Seemed the most bed for your buck I could find!