152 fox and 3 feral cats.

Shame the fur trade is dead, back in the 80s that would have been a very lucrative night worth between £2-3 grand, do they get any form of bounty over there I think in NZ they pay quite good bounty,s for non native pests ✌️

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Is that a Jagd? Do you know details mate? Rifles I assume. Christ the native fauna will be better for seeing that lot gone.

I don't know the full details mate,i just got it in an e-mail this morning,i was just flabbergasted at the size of the pile,reminds me of TOMO's rabbit gate line-ups.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Shame the fur trade is dead, back in the 80s that would have been a very lucrative night worth between £2-3 grand, do they get any form of bounty over there I think in NZ they pay quite good bounty,s for non native pests ✌️

I had an i-Pad thrust upon me for a facetime chat with an ex-pat living in Oz a few months back and he was telling us that one of the states do pay a half decent bounty on predators (scalps or ear I think :hmm:). He reckoned a keen young fella could earn a wage from it in some places. I'd imagine their fur value is very little due to the warm climate.

• Like 1

I cant remember the name of the guy,he was an ozzie of greek extraction,did a DVD on catching great whites from a small boat,but he also did one on shooting fox in Oz,calling them in during daylight,used to get a lot.

Boyup-Brook--1024x576.jpg

Andre Georgescu ? he gets some big numbers when he goes out . I bought one of his whistles he sells a few year back now,didnt work well at all over here tbh .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, mackem said:

I don't know the full details mate,i just got it in an e-mail this morning,i was just flabbergasted at the size of the pile,reminds me of TOMO's rabbit gate line-ups.

Yeah but them foxes don't look de-frosted to me Mackem ?

• Haha 1

I reckon I take  about 100 foxes a year , sometimes more sometimes less . But I never see them all piled up together. When you see that amount of fur on the ground it makes you realise the amount of protein they must take from the local wildlife .

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I reckon I take  about 100 foxes a year , sometimes more sometimes less . But I never see them all piled up together. When you see that amount of fur on the ground it makes you realise the amount of protein they must take from the local wildlife .

I go to a free range chicken farm from time to time with a mate that shoots the Fox,s in exchange for permission on the rest of the land, he shoots similar numbers to yourself each year and the farmer looses around 2000 hens a year so doing some very simple maths that’s around 20 birds per Fox per year, the hens go into a locked shed an hour before dark so everything he looses is during the hours of daylight quite shocking when you add it all up ??

• Like 1