So can someone....

...help us that resent reading legal documents born via individuals with a perverse view of the world and it's wildlife to understand what can be photographed in a state of unconsciousness via perforation and lack of breathing please?

Oh, and is my wood pigeon meat loaf off the menu or have I got to use the pigeon in the multi storie now?

SD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

So without a licence I shoot to miss then?

Where does one get this sodding licence from?

No no no, YOU as an individual do NOT need a licence. We have General Licence 31 which is species specific for woodpigeon and woodpigeon alone.

So long as you have knowledge that other methods (bangers, bird scarers etc) have been used in the past & are still possibly used alongside shooting, then you are fine.

You have permission from landowners,you are there at his request to protect his crops. He knows from experience that shooting is a valuable tool to protect his livelihood. 

If anyone did approach you (NE or coppers) you are purely doing it for crop protection. At no point even suggest it's for sport or that (heaven forbid) you're enjoying yourself. 

Not THAT much has changed for woodies. Key point is you are protecting a crop. Only grey area will be when there is stubble about as that's obviously not a crop. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

No no no, YOU as an individual do NOT need a licence. We have General Licence 31 which is species specific for woodpigeon and woodpigeon alone.

So long as you have knowledge that other methods (bangers, bird scarers etc) have been used in the past & are still possibly used alongside shooting, then you are fine.

You have permission from landowners,you are there at his request to protect his crops. He knows from experience that shooting is a valuable tool to protect his livelihood. 

If anyone did approach you (NE or coppers) you are purely doing it for crop protection. At no point even suggest it's for sport or that (heaven forbid) you're enjoying yourself. 

Not THAT much has changed for woodies. Key point is you are protecting a crop. Only grey area will be when there is stubble about as that's obviously not a crop. 

Thanks for that.

I hate doing it, never have enjoyed it. Sitting in a hedge listening to birds, the fresh air, the peace. Most wretched pass time ......err....job in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mrs has a bad back so been up all night.

The jack daws around our house were aweful. It was like the Zulus at driftfield!

They just kept on coming.

The final straw came when one appeared with what looked like a day old pheasant chick in its beak, landed and from no where a magpie landed on the the Jackie's back and they had a good old scrap.

Intensive Pro active observations from me eventually restored some peace.

This involved me sticking my face out the window in a contorted fashion blowing raspberries at the scoundrels.

I did consider mooning at them but got concerned parts of my anatomy may be mistaken for a day old chick.....not that it matters anymore, the little use it gets!

• Haha 5
On 29/05/2019 at 06:23, Sausagedog said:

This involved me sticking my face out the window in a contorted fashion blowing raspberries at the scoundrels.

Yes, I bet that taught the dirty rotters a thing or two , hey! They won't bother you again now after such a stern telling off, good on you old chum ?

• Haha 1