• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When we was 16/17 odd me and a few pals drove out to a place called Larkswood in Chingford a couple of times one summer to get amongst the treacles all laying about in their bikinis?.... it was an ope

I love a good swim and f**k around in the water.  We go to the local baths most Saturdays or Friday afternoons. Free entry. My little girl loves the water and my boy is getting the bug as well. 

Can't like it bosun but that's spot on mate.    I've 3 girls, 2 of which live with me and have been going  swimming lessons since 8/12 weeks old. 3 year old can swim 5 metres, dive to the bo

Posted Images

On 27/05/2019 at 19:27, Bosun11 said:

Swam all my life. Can't remember when i was taught to swim, by my grandfather, because i was so young.

Progressed into swimming clubs and made it to the City of Liverpool Swimming Club and county class events. Had trials for GB but would only have made it if i could have gone to Uni but i never wanted to do that. My only slight regret is that i loved boxing but the two clashed, i was training up to 9 sessions a week in the pool and i was always a better swimmer, so i had to stop boxing... 

Stopped competitive swimming aged 18 and at 19 got myself a job with the Liverpool Inshore Rescue Service on the Mersey, a job i really loved. Couple of years later and i'm doing extra work Lifeguarding and got a full time position. Was both teaching swimming to both adults and kids and also teaching Lifeguarding and became a trainer for the Fire Service. Both the Lifeguard teaching and the Mersey Rescue stuff earned me a Presidents Commendation from the Royal Life Saving Society and i went to the Guildhall London to recieve it.

For nearly 30 years now I've been managing swimming pools (and sports centres) for a living and still train Lifeguard teams in national competitions and on occasion get in and compete too... Still get a buzz from it aged 52..!!

And the best bit, is that i taught my 9 year old daughter to swim and she is now a competitive swimmer in a local club. Knowing how hard the sport is, i never want to be a pushy parent, so as long as she wants to do it, i'll always be there for her and i'm proud to say, she loves it...!!!

Yep, all my life i've lived with the smell of chlorine.... ?

Fecking awesome and one of the best posts iv'e ever read on here,a massive well done and a thank you from all those lives you helped save but never met...:clapper:..

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, fireman said:

Fecking awesome and one of the best posts iv'e ever read on here,a massive well done and a thank you from all those lives you helped save but never met...:clapper:..

Agreed  and I don't how the topic deviated from swimming to stags heads but well done anyway.?

• Like 1
On 28/05/2019 at 18:48, W. Katchum said:

I think most midgets suffer in water, Shroom be along soon to confirm or deny it ??

??? Cheeky fuucker. I'll have you know, I'm a very strong swimmer! ?

I spend most of the year in the sea swimming and spear fishing, can't stop me swimming in rivers, lakes etc and if there is something high to jump off into water.... I'm the first cnut diving off it. My highest dive is around 23-25m (65-75').

I've been called crazy by police and locals before now at kirby lonsdale because I threw a somersault into the dive lol. Very nearly fuucked that one right up and myself, plus nearly got arrested ?

My craziest, was diving into the snow melt when the river was raging at Stainforth fos. Fooking freezing and we had to throw a landrover innertube with a rope attached to each other, just to make sure no one died.

So to recap.... short people CAN swim ?

8 hours ago, mushroom said:

??? Cheeky fuucker. I'll have you know, I'm a very strong swimmer! ?

I spend most of the year in the sea swimming and spear fishing, can't stop me swimming in rivers, lakes etc and if there is something high to jump off into water.... I'm the first cnut diving off it. My highest dive is around 23-25m (65-75').

I've been called crazy by police and locals before now at kirby lonsdale because I threw a somersault into the dive lol. Very nearly fuucked that one right up and myself, plus nearly got arrested ?

My craziest, was diving into the snow melt when the river was raging at Stainforth fos. Fooking freezing and we had to throw a landrover innertube with a rope attached to each other, just to make sure no one died.

So to recap.... short people CAN swim ?

Was that meant to be centimeter?

• Haha 1