Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I didn't know I could swim till I fell into the trent when I was 6 and out fishing with my granddad .. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, micky said:

By far the best place I have ever been Swimming is Lake BERMJALES in Spain it is a huge hot lake  near Granada and when you are in it's like being in a Bath also it's full of Fish and when you're in the shallows they keep bumping into you , when you stand on the Dam you see them by the thousand and they look about 2 feet long  people tell me they are Carp and there are lots of Mussel s in the Water but you can only catch so many . We used to stay at a mates close by for a couple of days every year and the nice thing about it was that you could not spend any Money and that was a big plus with 5kids 

yeh I have been down that way ....bot that exact lake but a few miles further down....lovely to swim in very warm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to swim in the Usk , swam in some nice lacs in France. Black Sea med etc. Try to avoid the Atlantic last time I had a dip was kayaking with new kid and wvm. Went straight in on launch £400 phone fecked and had to go to tesco for clobber came out looking like a camp eastern blocker. Can't beat swimming when the sun is burning hot and there's cold beer on the beach.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i was a hippy traveller as such we had a bit of a weekend do at Morton Lighthouse up on the tip of the wirrel,some of the lads went swimming and one of them dived under and came up with a sanitary towel stuck across his forhead :laugh:.The water emptied quickly of people after that and to be honest they were swimming in just about the river Mersey so can't expect much less to be honest..

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

20180708_132854.jpg.e354d1ac53d879ee7a1d9a9e922673fa.jpgCosta Del Trecco Bay😁

Nice place that DC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love a good swim and f**k around in the water. 

We go to the local baths most Saturdays or Friday afternoons. Free entry. My little girl loves the water and my boy is getting the bug as well. 

Like what socks said , in my town we have a river that comes right through it. It was basically a community centre underneath the bridge in a summers day, every kid there, tyres, rafts , canoes etc. I was younger than my little girl when i first started going down. Terrifying. 

Now I live near the coast and the importance of being good in the water is important as I like wasting entire days down in the shingle bays with the kids 

 

5D8D40DA-5C4A-4F38-9BD9-0E6E4B544D95.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learnt by my brother chucking me in a pool , I learnt pretty quick that’s for sure , I taught my kids to swim in a little bit more friendly manner and took them all the swimming pools , none of them are life guard level of swimming but they could all get out of somewhere if they fell in .. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I love a good swim and f**k around in the water. 

We go to the local baths most Saturdays or Friday afternoons. Free entry. My little girl loves the water and my boy is getting the bug as well. 

Like what socks said , in my town we have a river that comes right through it. It was basically a community centre underneath the bridge in a summers day, every kid there, tyres, rafts , canoes etc. I was younger than my little girl when i first started going down. Terrifying. 

Now I live near the coast and the importance of being good in the water is important as I like wasting entire days down in the shingle bays with the kids 

 

5D8D40DA-5C4A-4F38-9BD9-0E6E4B544D95.jpeg

I see in your avator your in suffolk,where abouts (roughly if you want privacy bud) bud as i spend some time on the suffolk coast casting a line...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we was 16/17 odd me and a few pals drove out to a place called Larkswood in Chingford a couple of times one summer to get amongst the treacles all laying about in their bikinis😂.... it was an open air pool surrounded by fields,none of us could swim properly but we,d hovver around the girlies flexing up like absolute berks....one time in full view of a bunch of raving sorts me and a pal started mucking about in the water and i fell under,going into a complete hysterical panic flapping my arms and legs about for what seemed like an eternity fearing my time was up.....eventually i feel myself being stood up by a lifeguard and having finished coughing and spluttering i look around to see my mates and the girlies we,re trying to impress in absolute fits of laughter at the fact the water only came up to just above my knees !.....needless to say that physical and emotionally traumatic event scarred me and i avoided swimming pools after that so conquering my fear and learning to swim later in life was quite an achievement for me 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

When we was 16/17 odd me and a few pals drove out to a place called Larkswood in Chingford a couple of times one summer to get amongst the treacles all laying about in their bikinis😂.... it was an open air pool surrounded by fields,none of us could swim properly but we,d hovver around the girlies flexing up like absolute berks....one time in full view of a bunch of raving sorts me and a pal started mucking about in the water and i fell under,going into a complete hysterical panic flapping my arms and legs about for what seemed like an eternity fearing my time was up.....eventually i feel myself being stood up by a lifeguard and having finished coughing and spluttering i look around to see my mates and the girlies we,re trying to impress in absolute fits of laughter at the fact the water only came up to just above my knees !.....needless to say that physical and emotionally traumatic event scarred me and i avoided swimming pools after that so conquering my fear and learning to swim later in life was quite an achievement for me 😂

😂 so did ya pull a bird then or not ? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, delswal said:

😂 so did ya pull a bird then or not ? lol

What do you think 😭....Chingford was still quite a well to do area back then so a bunch of rough London boys up for the day already stood out like sore thumbs.....after that there was no chance !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swam all my life. Can't remember when i was taught to swim, by my grandfather, because i was so young.

Progressed into swimming clubs and made it to the City of Liverpool Swimming Club and county class events. Had trials for GB but would only have made it if i could have gone to Uni but i never wanted to do that. My only slight regret is that i loved boxing but the two clashed, i was training up to 9 sessions a week in the pool and i was always a better swimmer, so i had to stop boxing... 

Stopped competitive swimming aged 18 and at 19 got myself a job with the Liverpool Inshore Rescue Service on the Mersey, a job i really loved. Couple of years later and i'm doing extra work Lifeguarding and got a full time position. Was both teaching swimming to both adults and kids and also teaching Lifeguarding and became a trainer for the Fire Service. Both the Lifeguard teaching and the Mersey Rescue stuff earned me a Presidents Commendation from the Royal Life Saving Society and i went to the Guildhall London to recieve it.

For nearly 30 years now I've been managing swimming pools (and sports centres) for a living and still train Lifeguard teams in national competitions and on occasion get in and compete too... Still get a buzz from it aged 52..!!

And the best bit, is that i taught my 9 year old daughter to swim and she is now a competitive swimmer in a local club. Knowing how hard the sport is, i never want to be a pushy parent, so as long as she wants to do it, i'll always be there for her and i'm proud to say, she loves it...!!!

Yep, all my life i've lived with the smell of chlorine.... 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't like it bosun but that's spot on mate. 

 

I've 3 girls, 2 of which live with me and have been going  swimming lessons since 8/12 weeks old. 3 year old can swim 5 metres, dive to the bottom for objects and is one skill off her level 2 swim england. 18minth old nearly has her level 1and will glide etc. Both have some really good life saving skills from water babies; these are really important to me because we have water on 3 sides and I do alot of bait collecting and sea fishing. 

My 7 year old can breast stroke, front and back crawl and has her 400 metres. 

The girls and swimming cost me alot of time and money but I couldn't be prouder of what they all do. We're swimming tomorrow actually. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Swam all my life. Can't remember when i was taught to swim, by my grandfather, because i was so young.

Progressed into swimming clubs and made it to the City of Liverpool Swimming Club and county class events. Had trials for GB but would only have made it if i could have gone to Uni but i never wanted to do that. My only slight regret is that i loved boxing but the two clashed, i was training up to 9 sessions a week in the pool and i was always a better swimmer, so i had to stop boxing... 

Stopped competitive swimming aged 18 and at 19 got myself a job with the Liverpool Inshore Rescue Service on the Mersey, a job i really loved. Couple of years later and i'm doing extra work Lifeguarding and got a full time position. Was both teaching swimming to both adults and kids and also teaching Lifeguarding and became a trainer for the Fire Service. Both the Lifeguard teaching and the Mersey Rescue stuff earned me a Presidents Commendation from the Royal Life Saving Society and i went to the Guildhall London to recieve it.

For nearly 30 years now I've been managing swimming pools (and sports centres) for a living and still train Lifeguard teams in national competitions and on occasion get in and compete too... Still get a buzz from it aged 52..!!

And the best bit, is that i taught my 9 year old daughter to swim and she is now a competitive swimmer in a local club. Knowing how hard the sport is, i never want to be a pushy parent, so as long as she wants to do it, i'll always be there for her and i'm proud to say, she loves it...!!!

Yep, all my life i've lived with the smell of chlorine.... 😉

FFS swimming must be good for the skin ... You definitely don't look your age 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×