Had a Swim first thing this morning it was pouring down but the water is always very warm but as we came out the youngsters were  queueing to get in it made me smile to see loads of kids eating Ice Creams in the pouring rain

005.JPG

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When we was 16/17 odd me and a few pals drove out to a place called Larkswood in Chingford a couple of times one summer to get amongst the treacles all laying about in their bikinis?.... it was an ope

I love a good swim and f**k around in the water.  We go to the local baths most Saturdays or Friday afternoons. Free entry. My little girl loves the water and my boy is getting the bug as well. 

Can't like it bosun but that's spot on mate.    I've 3 girls, 2 of which live with me and have been going  swimming lessons since 8/12 weeks old. 3 year old can swim 5 metres, dive to the bo

Posted Images

Your'e a brave man Micky, taking photos of kids in a swimming pool, I'm under no illusion what you are doing is all innocent and just capturing the moment, but a parent of different views see's you taking them Pic's, feck me they could have been hell to pay, round here cameras are banned in swimming pool spectator areas for obvious reasons.

But yeah I agree with you 100% it's great to see kids out like that and doing what they enjoy, ya won't see many adults swimming in the rain and eating ice cream fair play to em ?

• Like 1

Just about to take my boys, Can’t swim to save my life  but I love the water.

I used to love getting up early when I stayed at my brothers and going in his pool.....sets you right up for the day.

8 hours ago, WILF said:

Just about to take my boys, Can’t swim to save my life  but I love the water.

I used to love getting up early when I stayed at my brothers and going in his pool.....sets you right up for the day.

Took my Grandson to the beach last year Wilf, nice steady 15 minute walk to beach and a quick dip, last thing  I heard him say are mental grandad and saw him shooting back up the beach, guess he never fancied a dip in the north sea in april lol

29 minutes ago, delswal said:

Your'e a brave man Micky, taking photos of kids in a swimming pool, I'm under no illusion what you are doing is all innocent and just capturing the moment, but a parent of different views see's you taking them Pic's, feck me they could have been hell to pay, round here cameras are banned in swimming pool spectator areas for obvious reasons.

But yeah I agree with you 100% it's great to see kids out like that and doing what they enjoy, ya won't see many adults swimming in the rain and eating ice cream fair play to em ?

Took one of the  Kracken in the week when she was dipping her Trotters 

011.JPG

• Haha 1

Me and my girl swim at least once a week.Sometimes 3 times a week during the summer as our local pool has a couple of great outdoor pools that are open from easter through till late October.I hadnt swam for years untill 5 years ago when my girl was 2 and I decided she needed to learn.Glad I started as swimming and cycling are the only exercise I get on with these days what with half my joints being f****d through years of groundwork and bricklaying.

• Like 3

I swim like old people f**k i can swim forever but dont really seem to get anywhere !....kids are fearless though aint they i remember my 2 jumping in swimming pools like it was nothing in all weathers as well.

I’m a pretty strong swimmer but haven’t been swimming in a while. Me and my brothers learned to swim in the river at the back of our house. When you learn to swim in fast flowing water a pool is easy lol. Spent half my life as a youngster in the river during summer snaring salmon and tickling trout .....

• Like 3

By far the best place I have ever been Swimming is Lake BERMJALES in Spain it is a huge hot lake  near Granada and when you are in it's like being in a Bath also it's full of Fish and when you're in the shallows they keep bumping into you , when you stand on the Dam you see them by the thousand and they look about 2 feet long  people tell me they are Carp and there are lots of Mussel s in the Water but you can only catch so many . We used to stay at a mates close by for a couple of days every year and the nice thing about it was that you could not spend any Money and that was a big plus with 5kids 

• Like 1

we learnt as kids,riding to the  river or reservoir, catching  a train to the coast,and jumping in? in the process of teaching my 5 yr old before we go away in September.....my 7 and 9yr olds are confident little swimmers In a pool...nothing worse than needing eyes In your arse and not being able to relax around  water with little uns.

• Like 2

My grand dad got my dad and his brothers in a line and chucked them in the river gangee's in India one by one,the eldest went in first then by age and by the time the last one of 5 went in they had all learnt to swim.His only encouragement was to tell them crocodiles also lived in the river.He was a right old fecker who was a major in the army at a very colonial time and i can remember him as a child and us kids were to be seen but not heard and to talk to him we had to raise our arms and wait to be spoken to...Glad my old man taught me in a swimming pool as a toddler then as kids we all swam in rivers during the summer..

I can’t swim for shit, went to army camp with primary school , one of the governess idea was to pull you along in the water scared me shitless so every  trip I would avoid her ,regret it now 

Only my youngest at 5 can’t swim , but im sure he will pick it up,  took kids to Barry yesterday they loved it sea was bit cold I had a paddle ?

more fun climbing rocks looking in the pools ?And sand castles ?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, micky said:

By far the best place I have ever been Swimming is Lake BERMJALES in Spain it is a huge hot lake  near Granada and when you are in it's like being in a Bath also it's full of Fish and when you're in the shallows they keep bumping into you , when you stand on the Dam you see them by the thousand and they look about 2 feet long  people tell me they are Carp and there are lots of Mussel s in the Water but you can only catch so many . We used to stay at a mates close by for a couple of days every year and the nice thing about it was that you could not spend any Money and that was a big plus with 5kids 

yeh I have been down that way ....bot that exact lake but a few miles further down....lovely to swim in very warm

• Like 2