I have been working, on site and went into town with the gaffer to find that a gunshop was closing. Taking advantage of this I picked up a gas ram break barrel at a knock down price (that is going to ASI as it is down on power). I smuggled it in and stashed it, I thought successfully. Lo and behold she finds it and seizes it, shoulders it with a cry of "I like this, but the scope is crap!"

The die has been cast, I lost it! Surrendered to a higher authority. But she paid me for it. Gave Matt at Sureshot a call, went over to see him and left with a scope. Just a bit too big for the Benjamin...

g1a.jpg.c21e0ccbc7c2d7ce3019ecb8e7d97dfa.jpg

If you see what I mean, so folks, musical scope time...

There was an Hi series on the .177 Hortitsia, that has been removed and replaced with the HD series we got yesterday...

g2.jpg.1d128623a4b04cf3acc6f2cb52bacd98.jpg

The HI on there went onto the SuperTen replacing the SR12...

g4.jpg.de7202a9bcf6f355e75cf04f6c20ee0f.jpg

The SR12 has gone onto the calibre gun it was made for, it now sits atop the .22 Hortitsia...

g3.jpg.f83af15ec75c41e933ef9fc2180c1be5.jpg

And the VT-2 that was on the .22 Hortitsia is going to go on the Benjamin, after the ram has been sorted out.

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Thanks

FF

He does have a couple of discount VT-2 scopes left, side focus, 3-12 magnification, sunshade, flip up endcaps, 44mm objective. Illuminated half mil dot reticle, £90 (well £89.99), just the IR control is stiff. They come with a set of mounts, dovetail or picatinny too.

https://sureshot-airguns.co.uk

Give Matt a call and tell him Mike told you...

Ive promised myself no more scopes...

Unless i can get a decent priced first focal plane (ffp)

Only because im starting to get annoyed with swapping over all my range markers (hold under n over) when shooting different quarry

6x on rats

10x on squizzies

14x on birds (not used that one for a while)

20x on rabbits 

24x on the paper and steel targets at long range

FF

1 hour ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Ive promised myself no more scopes...

Unless i can get a decent priced first focal plane (ffp)

Only because im starting to get annoyed with swapping over all my range markers (hold under n over) when shooting different quarry

6x on rats

10x on squizzies

14x on birds (not used that one for a while)

20x on rabbits 

24x on the paper and steel targets at long range

FF

£195 ok?

https://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/product/hs-4-14x44-mil-ffp/

No illuminated reticle and stiff focus, should free up a bit though!

I'm a little bit wary of these Discovery Optics.  I don't have a ton of experience with them - but I shot an informal round of FT (it was informal for me, a competition for everyone else) in New Zealand using one on top of my friend's Air Arms S510 a couple of weeks ago.  The quality surprised me, and all the reviews and feedback I've seen online have been excellent - but they've only been around for a hot minute.  I'll be really curious to see how they stack up in 2 or 3 years time.

Hopefully my wariness is misplaced - because they certainly seem to be a lot of scope for the money.

Good luck with the Benjamin, Moley.  I'd be interested to know more about the Zbroia.  I have no experience of knowledge of them at all.

12 hours ago, Ron Weasley said:

I'm a little bit wary of these Discovery Optics.  I don't have a ton of experience with them - but I shot an informal round of FT (it was informal for me, a competition for everyone else) in New Zealand using one on top of my friend's Air Arms S510 a couple of weeks ago.  The quality surprised me, and all the reviews and feedback I've seen online have been excellent - but they've only been around for a hot minute.  I'll be really curious to see how they stack up in 2 or 3 years time.

Hopefully my wariness is misplaced - because they certainly seem to be a lot of scope for the money.

Good luck with the Benjamin, Moley.  I'd be interested to know more about the Zbroia.  I have no experience of knowledge of them at all.

Advice is do not buy from Ebay, Ali Express or Oneman Ducks House of Lucky Optics (or vendors of similar name on the web).

Buy from someone in the land of Oz, that way you won't be stung if it does go wrong! 

Zbroia is a Ukraine maker of gallery (low power) rifles and pistols, they have just got into making air rifles, (3 years making them). They started out with a rifle called the Hortitsia, which I have 2 of. They then brought out a semi Bullpup, the Kozak and now a Biathlon rifle (Sapsan).

Rifles basically are made from high quality European metal and components and their own or an Lothar Walther barrel (which is totally unnecessary as their own barrel is hellishly accurate). All rifles are regulated, have a 2 stage trigger, 300 bar working pressure (yes really!), come with 2 magazines, 2 fill probes (quick change and BSP). The stock appears to be knocked up on a YTS scheme, 2 pieces of wood glued together and then shaped and smoothed. Not elegant, but functional.

When launched they were exceptional value for money. Less so now, but still worth considering!