87 year old deadlifting

thought some of you might like this....87 year old deadlifting 4 plates.....405lbs in yank terms......about 180 kilo .....

recon he might be related to ginge....

• Like 10

8 hours ago, socks said:

Fukcing hell of a lift ... he must only way 70 odd kilos and he pulled 180kgs twice and had no wraps and is 87 ... fukcing brilliant 

Think if I make it to 87 I will be lucky if I could lift myself outa bed ffs...........fair play to that man  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Probably not need to deload.  Just change squat to 3x5. Then when that starts stalling goto 3x3. 

Or if it is form tmrather than strength then yep maybe cut it back and work on form. Good form will help the weights go up. Bit gay but maybe worth filming yourself to see your form if you just train alone.

Was just going to say that rust. 

Always worth looking at yourself rather than hearing how poor your form is . Disheartening. 

To be honest ketch, you should be able to squat every day. Even if just air squats. I found that even with DOMs you condition Better and become more resilient even doing them as a warm up the next day 

• Like 2

katchum have you tried the front squat....because of the mechanics of it ,, it keeps you up right and forces you to use your quads ...it usualy means using less weight ...

what exactly is the problem with your back squat??...leaning forward to much ...so it becomes a good morning ?...not making depth?...