Best bait for eels

Been going to a local little old quarry couple hours after graft couple carp tench few shoals of roach Knocking about  few lads night fish it for tench im feeling having a night with lad to see if there’s any nice eels in there my old man fished it when he was a lad said they used to get them. So anyone got a wonder bait that’s sure to temped them if there in there

7D49CBFB-29F0-416A-B721-29B3E3206D51.jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha finally after fishing a pond for two years finally got myself a nice little eel to be proud of best one I’ve ever had got to have been 5 if not a little more ?

Nipper loves em.... 

Think I may have put it in before but as we are on eels 4lber on worms 

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Raw king prawns has ruled above everything else massively  in my experience! I don't bother with anything else. on the Yorkshire waters Iv fished expemeting with 1 rod on raw prawn 1 and 1 on worm or small deadbats and all sorts including squid. Muscles work sometimes but the raw king prawn always wins 10 times over!!!  I now fish 2 rods allways on raw king prawn and do well. lightest  leads you can use and minimum resistance along with awesome bite detection such as delkims along with nightlights.  Good luck!!

1 hour ago, tomburras said:

I'd love to know too ?

Masive lob worm. Bigger the better on a size 18  big barb so it don't  wriggle off.  That's all you need. Don't forget they got small mouths hence the small hook..  Another crafty way is chicken livers  loads of them put in womens old tights. Wrap tights round loads of times. So it's gushing out juices   secure it to a rope and drop in side. Just pic up now and then through night. Them sharp Teeth get tangled in netting..  Job done.