Winterwitch

Skinny nursing jill

28 minutes ago, Our team said:

There is slightly less lactose in goat's milk, 9 grams per cup compared to 12 grams in cow's milk. If you are lactose intolerant and would like to try goat's milk, start with a small serving with meals. The protein in goat's milk is similar to that of cow's milk.

https://www.sharecare.  😜

If you want to go googling stuff google amino acids in goats milk and you will see why it is far better than cows milk for building an animal up ......

• Like 2

Oh and carnation milk only has 7 grams of protein per 100gms compared to 9gms in goats milk ....,

2 minutes ago, Our team said:

For you it's both. 

you have a poodle you can't recall and ferrets that don't work yet you throw advice about like confetti. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Our team said:

So do you. And you start trouble then grass me to walshie and get me band. Which is worse ?????? 

not me cup cake. if I thought they would ban you I would have done it months ago 👍

So not get shits then will they??? 

Lactose causes the shits not protein ......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Our team said:

Stay on kitten milk excellent  ..and plain water....  We all wrong it seems...  Kitten milk.  I will remember that one. 

Nope your wrong ... kitten and puppy substitute milk is fine but it doesn’t have as good a protein base as goats milk and egg mix ......

• Like 1

Just now, Our team said:

Milk causes shits actually in any form. Softens the stools. Actually... 

But it’s the lactose in milk that causes it .....

• Like 1

FFS what is the matter with you OT.

Cheers Arry

Body building now are we.. I thort we was talking about.milk.

We are talking about a ferret that needs building up as she has so many kits ... your not very good at this adult conversation thing are you ...... 

• Haha 1

All this about milk haha the jills got milk an now is gonna need drying off soon an kitts weaned so why use more milk? Get the meat in there ffs🤭😂 they are ferrets 😂

• Thanks 1

Winterwitch if your anywhere near the dales your more than welcome to come an fill ye freezer if ye need it mate👍

• Like 1

Looks like I’ve started something here - I can’t tell if it is all in jest or if you are really being mean to each other... 

I appreciate the advice, I’ve been giving her lots of meat but she’s not really doing much with it in its whole state, so I’m chopping up pigeons and rabbits. Fussy little madam. 

Thanks for the offer W.Katchum, I’m near Stonehenge so nowhere near but I do have a freezer full of rabbits anyway. Run out of pigeons though. 

I’ve been giving the kits a little bit of kitten milk to fill them up a bit so they don’t feed from her so much which then gives her chance to leave the nest and get a good meal inside her. She just happens to like it too, I’m aware it isn’t going to do much in terms of weight gain, she’s just too sweet, I can’t resist her begging face! 

Thanks for the advice, it’s been helpful

8 hours ago, Winterwitch said:

Looks like I’ve started something here - I can’t tell if it is all in jest or if you are really being mean to each other... 

I appreciate the advice, I’ve been giving her lots of meat but she’s not really doing much with it in its whole state, so I’m chopping up pigeons and rabbits. Fussy little madam. 

Thanks for the offer W.Katchum, I’m near Stonehenge so nowhere near but I do have a freezer full of rabbits anyway. Run out of pigeons though. 

I’ve been giving the kits a little bit of kitten milk to fill them up a bit so they don’t feed from her so much which then gives her chance to leave the nest and get a good meal inside her. She just happens to like it too, I’m aware it isn’t going to do much in terms of weight gain, she’s just too sweet, I can’t resist her begging face! 

Thanks for the advice, it’s been helpful

Oh they are being mean alright lol, and don't listen to Katchum he doesn't  know his arse from his elbow about ferrets or dogs, well apart from what he reads on here 😂😂👍

• Haha 1

That’s what makes these forums useful, the wealth of knowledge. Everyone’s experience is different. Best to stay open minded I think.

The kits are just over two weeks now, I think we are going to be alright. 

Now comes the hard part, picking one to keep. 

Just take a hammer or summat to legs and wings an things an chop up or mince as much variety as possible an offer it to kitts soon, Jill is knackered am can’t be arse tearing the meat to bits jist now so make life easier for her an it also help the kitts wean, high fat beef mince is good for kitts aswell if you get stuck😉

ignore the squabble an don’t take anything any one member says as gospel an stay clear of some the others. Say no names, cough cough our team cough 😂 just use your common sense an you be fine, it’s got ye this far 😁

• Haha 2