Skinny nursing jill

1 hour ago, Our team said:

No you not. Cos its connected remember  so if you don't take it out. It drains.   Have you ever left battries in just a few weeks  they bleed out a corrosive mess....  Whys that???? 

I bought the mk3 as soon as it came out and apart from when the batteries are dead I never take them out and out of 12 collars I’ve never had a leak .......

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As said keep feeding her she will be fine I use full fat natural goats yogurt for the kits and jills along with chicken / rabbit mince then move on to rabbits chicken wings etc had a few litters of 10

I might just get myself shot down here, but years ago when I did keep ferrets I can honestly say I don't think they got any dried food whatsoever, I don't even think the thought of feeding dried food

Touchy huh...........after 6 months of dry food you won't lose a ferret...............you will see them glowing from 50yds 

Posted Images

On 31/05/2019 at 16:23, jiggy said:

I'd seperate them from the Jill as early as possible too when there is that many. She will soon get sick of them if 11 torture her for milk when they are stronger. I had a Jill that ended up eating 5 out 7 of her young when I thought they were in the safe zone. I had another die after he got his head out and ate a piece of Lino cover I had sheltering the cage. Ferrets don't have good digestive systems for foreign objects. If that was a dog it would of passed it through.

Separate them early? How early? 

All 11 present and correct. Mum is an absolute trooper. Started them on solids, kitten milk mixed with cat food or soaked kibble. Will try them on some minced up rabbit this weekend. 

Shes holding on in there, I’m just giving her extra meat and food so she’s ticking along. 

A68A601C-6F44-4C04-8450-CF641B55CCCB.jpeg

8F0E261F-DBD4-4D99-805D-04F226ABE27A.jpeg

• Like 2

We i had a load of kits and the jill was loosing condition i would take her out during the day and mine would eat two whole gutted rabbits a day and they got the chance of a feed from the jill at night if she let them , but as they get older look at there nails they can make a mess of the jill teats area  if they have raggy nails  

• Thanks 1

My Jill dropped 11 kits 5-6 days ago now down to 8 but she is skinny aswell given the kits everything she’s got i’ve been given her two day old chicks (ideal this time of year due to the flies) each day, aswell as biscuits and then small portion meat aswell each day change it between mince beef/pigeon/chicken wings 

12 minutes ago, Our team said:

Too much meat dude. Just keep her on solids high grade ferret food plenty of water.  That's all you need. She will kill them if you touched them or showed her off too much I e opening door too often. 

To much meat ??? they are a carnivore not fukcing vegan ......

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Our team said:

My Jill gets day old chicks every 3 days. The rest is dry solid. And as much fresh water changed every day as she can drink. 

Day old chicks are shit food for a ferret .......

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, socks said:

To much meat ??? they are a carnivore not fukcing vegan ......

?? exactly how can a carnivore have too much meat? surely meat/whole prey is better for them than any kibble ? This time of year I limit meat due to the flies but winter they get whole carcasses 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Our team said:

Haha. They in kit. They haven't got time to munch   kibble better cos they take it to nest. Worst thing nest of flies .. 

There is f**k all meat on a day old chick it’s useless for a nursing Jill. Just feed smaller amounts of meat more times through the day and put a frozen piece in at night. Clean out in the morning and start the process again ... it’s simple really ........

• Like 2