Skinny nursing jill

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As said keep feeding her she will be fine I use full fat natural goats yogurt for the kits and jills along with chicken / rabbit mince then move on to rabbits chicken wings etc had a few litters of 10

I might just get myself shot down here, but years ago when I did keep ferrets I can honestly say I don't think they got any dried food whatsoever, I don't even think the thought of feeding dried food

Touchy huh...........after 6 months of dry food you won't lose a ferret...............you will see them glowing from 50yds 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Our team said:

So do you. And you start trouble then grass me to walshie and get me band. Which is worse ?????? 

not me cup cake. if I thought they would ban you I would have done it months ago ?

1 minute ago, Our team said:

Stay on kitten milk excellent  ..and plain water....  We all wrong it seems...  Kitten milk.  I will remember that one. 

Nope your wrong ... kitten and puppy substitute milk is fine but it doesn’t have as good a protein base as goats milk and egg mix ......

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Our team said:

Body building now are we.. I thort we was talking about.milk.

We are talking about a ferret that needs building up as she has so many kits ... your not very good at this adult conversation thing are you ...... 

• Haha 1

Looks like I’ve started something here - I can’t tell if it is all in jest or if you are really being mean to each other... 

I appreciate the advice, I’ve been giving her lots of meat but she’s not really doing much with it in its whole state, so I’m chopping up pigeons and rabbits. Fussy little madam. 

Thanks for the offer W.Katchum, I’m near Stonehenge so nowhere near but I do have a freezer full of rabbits anyway. Run out of pigeons though. 

I’ve been giving the kits a little bit of kitten milk to fill them up a bit so they don’t feed from her so much which then gives her chance to leave the nest and get a good meal inside her. She just happens to like it too, I’m aware it isn’t going to do much in terms of weight gain, she’s just too sweet, I can’t resist her begging face! 

Thanks for the advice, it’s been helpful

8 hours ago, Winterwitch said:

Looks like I’ve started something here - I can’t tell if it is all in jest or if you are really being mean to each other... 

I appreciate the advice, I’ve been giving her lots of meat but she’s not really doing much with it in its whole state, so I’m chopping up pigeons and rabbits. Fussy little madam. 

Thanks for the offer W.Katchum, I’m near Stonehenge so nowhere near but I do have a freezer full of rabbits anyway. Run out of pigeons though. 

I’ve been giving the kits a little bit of kitten milk to fill them up a bit so they don’t feed from her so much which then gives her chance to leave the nest and get a good meal inside her. She just happens to like it too, I’m aware it isn’t going to do much in terms of weight gain, she’s just too sweet, I can’t resist her begging face! 

Thanks for the advice, it’s been helpful

Oh they are being mean alright lol, and don't listen to Katchum he doesn't  know his arse from his elbow about ferrets or dogs, well apart from what he reads on here ???

• Haha 1

That’s what makes these forums useful, the wealth of knowledge. Everyone’s experience is different. Best to stay open minded I think.

The kits are just over two weeks now, I think we are going to be alright. 

Now comes the hard part, picking one to keep. 

8 hours ago, Winterwitch said:

That’s what makes these forums useful, the wealth of knowledge. Everyone’s experience is different. Best to stay open minded I think.

The kits are just over two weeks now, I think we are going to be alright. 

Now comes the hard part, picking one to keep. 

Just brace ya self for the positive and negative replies you get on here, regardless of the post 

• Haha 1