Skinny nursing jill

Thanks for the replies everyone, I tried to reply to each with quotes but my replies aren’t posting for some reason! Perhaps because I’m new. 

All babies are fine and growing super fast, she’s lost 15g since Friday. 

Not sure that she is a greyhound ferret? 

Ill try the suggestions mentioned, thank you! 

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As said keep feeding her she will be fine I use full fat natural goats yogurt for the kits and jills along with chicken / rabbit mince then move on to rabbits chicken wings etc had a few litters of 10

I might just get myself shot down here, but years ago when I did keep ferrets I can honestly say I don't think they got any dried food whatsoever, I don't even think the thought of feeding dried food

Touchy huh...........after 6 months of dry food you won't lose a ferret...............you will see them glowing from 50yds 

Posted Images

On 24/05/2019 at 22:29, Winterwitch said:

Why did you lose the two? Everyone seems surprised that my eleven are still alive? Now I’m paranoid haha! 

What bone meal powder? Where can I get that from? 

We never used to feed them kibble but we had a bit of a pigeon shortage recently. (Nice one Packham!)

Sorry mate, I've only just seen your reply.  It's quite common to lose 1/2. Your Jill is doing you proud, first litter and keeping them all going. The bone meal I get is from pets at home

3 hours ago, Our team said:

She looks like a greyhound  sleak and slim .  Try carnation milk half warm water that will kick her back in.  Every day while weaning. 

Cheers OT 

If you do feed Carnation make sure its the Lactose Free one as ferret are Lactose intolerant.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Our team said:

There is slightly less lactose in goat's milk, 9 grams per cup compared to 12 grams in cow's milk. If you are lactose intolerant and would like to try goat's milk, start with a small serving with meals. The protein in goat's milk is similar to that of cow's milk.

https://www.sharecare.  ?

If you want to go googling stuff google amino acids in goats milk and you will see why it is far better than cows milk for building an animal up ......

• Like 2