Hushpower 20 bore cartridges

Hi, I am looking to try some subsonic 20 bore cartridges through my hushpower mossberg 20 bore. They are to use on a golf course on rabbits. I have found a shop that sells hushpower 24 gram 7.5, has anyone used these through the mossberg version hushpower and where they quiet and have good knock down power? Cheers. Tom. 

10 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

I’ve used these in my 20 hushpower and they are ok at short range. I’d suggest eley hi flyer fibre wad. They’re subsonic and hit harder. Only hi flyer fibre are subsonic, not plastic.

Cheers I was hoping it was you that would reply. What sort of range would you be happy using the subsonic 24g? And also what range with the high flyers? is there much difference in noise between the 2? Cheers!

7 hours ago, tomburras said:

Cheers I was hoping it was you that would reply. What sort of range would you be happy using the subsonic 24g? And also what range with the high flyers? is there much difference in noise between the 2? Cheers!

The subsonic are a little quieter, but they don’t seem very effective beyond about 25 yards. Out of the two, I’d use the hi flyers unless noise was the main consideration. Remember though, only the fibre wad hi flyers are subsonic. Plastic wad hi flyers are faster so obviously louder than the fibre wads. Use #5 shot if you want a bit more range.?

• Thanks 1

Thanks again! Been out looking for these and could not get either of them. But after a bit of traveling about I did find gamebore hushpower 30g 5s so I baught a slab of them. Hopefully these will be good. Have you tried them? Sorry for all the questions! Cheers. Tom. 

28 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Thanks again! Been out looking for these and could not get either of them. But after a bit of traveling about I did find gamebore hushpower 30g 5s so I baught a slab of them. Hopefully these will be good. Have you tried them? Sorry for all the questions! Cheers. Tom. 

I haven’t tried the gamebore 30g 5’s Tom. Let us know how you get on with them?

• Like 1

It may be worthwhile giving York guns a call Tom as they are the importers of the mossy hushpower along with other options so I would assume they will also carry the best ammo for these guns.

Phil

• Thanks 1

Well the gamebore hushpowe 30g 5s are pretty good. A lot quieter than the vip,s. Not as quiet as I was hoping but do hit hard so a happy medium. I used them lamping and the noise did not travel and echo like the other standard cartridges iv used. 

• Like 2