• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cragman said:

Found a parasitised Meadow Pipits last week. Lovely sight to pull the foliage back to reveal a cuckoos egg among the pipits eggs. I’d been watching this nest hoping a cuckoo would call ?

Ah that’s awesome mate, well done...

That’s certainly up there on my most wanted list - a juv Cuckoo at the nest site being fed by host parents - the dream behaviour image.

But the pipit in this nest has been sitting on her clutch for at least six days before the cuckoo layed, so I’d say the cuckoo chick won’t hatch, it’ll be too far behind the others incubation wise. But you never know. I’m watching another nest on the same moor hoping the cuckoo will visit. If you fancy a trip to photograph any young ones let me know. ?

• Thanks 2

Andy them pictures are amazing. Get out of the building trade it will feck you up. You are a truly talented man that is wasted, there got to be a way to earn a living doing what you love. ATB.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, cragman said:

But the pipit in this nest has been sitting on her clutch for at least six days before the cuckoo layed, so I’d say the cuckoo chick won’t hatch, it’ll be too far behind the others incubation wise. But you never know. I’m watching another nest on the same moor hoping the cuckoo will visit. If you fancy a trip to photograph any young ones let me know. ?

Mate, that’s an offer that I certainly wouldn’t refuse, that would be fantastic if she lays and you can find the nest/host parents, I’ll send you a pm - top man, many thanks ?

12 hours ago, Arry said:

Andy them pictures are amazing. Get out of the building trade it will feck you up. You are a truly talented man that is wasted, there got to be a way to earn a living doing what you love. ATB.

Cheers Arry

Thanks very much for the kind words Arry but the buildings are paying good money at the moment, if it does stay the way it is then maybe 10 yrs time or so I might be able to move in to wildlife photography/guiding ?

• Like 1