17 hours ago, terryd said:

Things like that should be put to a vote. I doubt the benefits out way the risks how ever unlikely. Fact is some thing could

So.…………....we have a vote, the government are surprised by the result, agree to abide by it then do everything in their power not to implement it.  Whilst the losers protest telling the world we were lied to and the winners are idiots, didn't know what they were voting for and we should have another vote...…………………………...

:hmm::thumbs:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were selling Underpants made in the Ukraine at the market today , but don’t buy any ... because Chernobyl fallout.....ba dum tish !!!

I am going to the wildlife photographer of the year exhibition today,one of the entrants is this,a fox photographed in an abandoned building in Chernobyl.  

That's just Hartlepool mate,nowt to do with the radiation ?

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Deker said:

So.…………....we have a vote, the government are surprised by the result, agree to abide by it then do everything in their power not to implement it.  Whilst the losers protest telling the world we were lied to and the winners are idiots, didn't know what they were voting for and we should have another vote...…………………………...

You don't think that would really happen in a democratic society, do you Deker ?

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:53, Greyman said:

I love watching the wildlife programs they make over there it’s incredible how well nature can put right the f**k ups we keep making and how quickly it removes any signs of us when we are not there ✌️

I am going to the wildlife photographer of the year exhibition today,one of the entrants is this,a fox photographed in an abandoned building in Chernobyl.

Adrian-Bliss-2019-Wildlife-Photographer-of-the-Year.jpg

• Like 8

Is that the one thats travelling around? If so was in Gloucester a while back didn’t go myself but a few people I no did and there was some stunning stuff there and if it’s the same exhibition they have trail cam photo,s as well which was a bit controversial take plenty of pics ??

19 hours ago, mackem said:

Adrian-Bliss-2019-Wildlife-Photographer-of-the-Year.jpg

Hundreds of gas masks and a healthy looking fox, nature at it's best making a comeback

• Like 1
On 25/05/2019 at 09:26, Deker said:

On 25/05/2019 at 10:19, delswal said:

You don't think that would really happen in a democratic society, do you Deker ?

On 25/05/2019 at 14:18, W. Katchum said:

Only our one ?

And Southern Ireland too, remember the furore when the Irish said no to the Lisbon treaty?

3 hours ago, delswal said:

Hundreds of gas masks and a healthy looking fox, 

That pic was taken the day the fox arrived.after a week in Chernobyl ……...

59921277_2045672995738484_4637548769590640640_n.jpg

• Haha 4

Just watched the first three..., absolutely terrifying to know how close it was to being a disaster of a much greater magnitude than it was. Even here in the UK we probably owe a debt of gratitude on some level to the men who gave their lives to avert it.

• Like 3

Mack the Duga radar in the forests of Chernobyl is interesting ,we all owe a colonel Stanislav Petrov a big thank you for saving the planet ,when he chose to ignore the early warning system that was reporting the USA had launched 5 missiles at russia ,judged it to be a false alarm and didnt  hit the button to retaliate!Dont think we'd be here now if he had ! 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Just watched the first three..., absolutely terrifying to know how close it was to being a disaster of a much greater magnitude than it was. Even here in the UK we probably owe a debt of gratitude on some level to the men who gave their lives to avert it.

This is the thing, it wasn’t averted and it was a disaster of the greatest magnitude ever.......it’s still killing people in Eastern and Western Europe to this very day.

But nobody talks about it because there’s nothing you can do and you can’t see it, touch it, taste it or smell it in any case.......so it don’t exist right ? ;) 

3 hours ago, WILF said:

This is the thing, it wasn’t averted and it was a disaster of the greatest magnitude ever.......it’s still killing people in Eastern and Western Europe to this very day.

But nobody talks about it because there’s nothing you can do and you can’t see it, touch it, taste it or smell it in any case.......so it don’t exist right ? ;) 

Not saying it wasn’t a massive disaster, the biggest ever by some distance. My point is that, based on the theory that the core meltdown could have initiated another huge explosion, destroying the other three reactors, then it could have been infinitely worse. That element of it was averted.

• Like 2

Been 2 feet away from nuclear tipped shells in that time period when bums were going tuppence halfpenny over what Russia was doing .Believe me the USSR was very paranoid over 20 million deaths when Germans invaded so we were very very lucky common sense prevailed

.And Yes Wilf it,s still doing damage as it has a half life of 1,200 years ,ie they dont know how long its going to last leaking radioactive poison ,so Pesky is so correct those 3 brave men stopping the core meltdown and the other reactors going up Europe would be a wasteland of radioactive soup .Chernobyl was 13 times the power of Fatboy dropped on Hiroshima so another 3 wouldve totalled Ukraine and Poland etc  .atb

• Like 2