• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were selling Underpants made in the Ukraine at the market today , but don’t buy any ... because Chernobyl fallout.....ba dum tish !!!

I am going to the wildlife photographer of the year exhibition today,one of the entrants is this,a fox photographed in an abandoned building in Chernobyl.  

That's just Hartlepool mate,nowt to do with the radiation ?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Another Vid of Oleg bit more in depth seems a nice bloke.

Theres a lot of controversy about that medical report it seemed to come from nowhere and doesnt diagnose any actual medical condition.The chap doing the interview is Igor Mazurenko who is an ex athlete and wealthy guy who has put a lot of money into the sport,a lot of the disputes came about when arm wrestling was being pushed as a demonstration sport for the 2016 Olympics,many of the top Russians,Ukrainians,Georgians etc were by then competing in both the World Arm Wrestling League and the Professional Arm Wrestling League and were told they would be expelled if they competed as the steroid use those countries were renowned for would tarnish the image of both organisations.Certain points of that interview make sense but others you can take with a pinch of salt.

Olegs father and Andrei Pushkar both in that video were killed in a car accident last year Oleg was the only survivor....his arm is now even more of a mess than it was before !

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Theres a lot of controversy about that medical report it seemed to come from nowhere and doesnt diagnose any actual medical condition.The chap doing the interview is Igor Mazurenko who is an ex athlete and wealthy guy who has put a lot of money into the sport,a lot of the disputes came about when arm wrestling was being pushed as a demonstration sport for the 2016 Olympics,many of the top Russians,Ukrainians,Georgians etc were by then competing in both the World Arm Wrestling League and the Professional Arm Wrestling League and were told they would be expelled if they competed as the steroid use those countries were renowned for would tarnish the image of both organisations.Certain points of that interview make sense but others you can take with a pinch of salt.

Olegs father and Andrei Pushkar both in that video were killed in a car accident last year Oleg was the only survivor....his arm is now even more of a mess than it was before !

I’ve been watching quite a few videos and I see the state of his arm after the accident and his rehab it’s a real shame because it’s obviously a talent be it a mutation because of the radiation or just the way he’s been born but man what a forearm it makes his right arm look like a bit of string I really hope he recovers and competes again.

Do these competitions ever take place in the UK atmosphere looks amazing. 

• Like 1

The Uk has the Arm Wars series and the British Armwrestling Federation but its still a tiny sport here so they dont match Eastern Europe for atmosphere its quite a big do there,its big in America of course but their tournaments still tend to have a bit of a bar room feel about them.....i think its a beautiful sport,fighting aside its the most direct and intense one on one physical and mental confrontation but contested in such great spirit.....it takes years to become technically good theres so much going on that the untrained eye wont appreciate,a good puller will have such a deep understanding of the mechanics of the arm,supination/rotation of muscles/tendons etc ....its probably not visually compelling enough to ever be a popular sport,theres a good documentary i recommend to folk with any interest its called Pulling John it might even be on Youtube....it just gives a good basic look at the top competitors of the day and the sports beginnings if it interests you.

As for Oleg you are right it would be great if he could get back competing at the same level,unfortunately i dont think he will....any weakness at all from the fingers to the lats and you get found out especially at that level.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:47, gnasher16 said:

The Uk has the Arm Wars series and the British Armwrestling Federation but its still a tiny sport here so they dont match Eastern Europe for atmosphere its quite a big do there,its big in America of course but their tournaments still tend to have a bit of a bar room feel about them.....i think its a beautiful sport,fighting aside its the most direct and intense one on one physical and mental confrontation but contested in such great spirit.....it takes years to become technically good theres so much going on that the untrained eye wont appreciate,a good puller will have such a deep understanding of the mechanics of the arm,supination/rotation of muscles/tendons etc ....its probably not visually compelling enough to ever be a popular sport,theres a good documentary i recommend to folk with any interest its called Pulling John it might even be on Youtube....it just gives a good basic look at the top competitors of the day and the sports beginnings if it interests you.

As for Oleg you are right it would be great if he could get back competing at the same level,unfortunately i dont think he will....any weakness at all from the fingers to the lats and you get found out especially at that level.

• Like 1
On 12/06/2019 at 11:15, gnasher16 said:

Did you manage to speak to your young lady about this yet mate ?

Sorry for the wait mate but have managed to pin her down for a chat, she says anything is just guesswork without dna and family history etc as there could be simular mutations generations back before the Chernobyl incident happened therefore dis proving any link, but more likely due to the fact he was not born is that his egg could have been affected while still in the mother as women carry eggs for life and blokes generate gizz as they go( not the scientific term ) sorry I can’t be more specific but it’s an educated guess from a few bits of footage and seems a reasonable explanation without an autopsy on the poor lad, ??