Fox eating crocus bulbs

2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I thought crocus were toxic ? Or am I getting mixed up with daffs?

My exact thoughts fdr. Crocus bulbs are definitley toxic to dogs and cats, so would assume foxes too. Most of mine used to get eaten by mice, which will play havoc with them, especially when freshly planted. Always cover any I plant now with mesh  in to about 6 or 7 inches deep

Can see that's definitely a fox. Try covering your next lot of corms in mesh dobbie, and put down pretty deep?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No offence dobbie but if that was you in your profile photo yesterday,you look like a bull x.

Theres a womens and cooking section aswell

Been a lovely day and tits come out. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Do you not count the one growing out of your forehead, probably bigger than most of us have between our legs judging by your all guns blazing entrance, hope you stick around though things have not been the same round here since dogfox and Kermit left ✌️✌️

All guns blazing lol, I put a genuine post on and got a load of shit that was not needed cause you think I'm some one else!! 

I might do cause a lot of the stuff on here is relevant to my life. I won't be comment on posts if I don't know or don't have a opinion on things I'm not here to stir things up but i do warrant a little bit of respect. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Dobbie said:

All guns blazing lol, I put a genuine post on and got a load of shit that was not needed cause you think I'm some one else!! 

I might do cause a lot of the stuff on here is relevant to my life. I won't be comment on posts if I don't know or don't have a opinion on things I'm not here to stir things up but i do warrant a little bit of respect. 

Respect is earned for all us no on here you could be anyone could be an anti could be a man pretending to be a woman to try and sneak into the secret squirrel club , however this isn’t a old lady’s/gent gardening web site it’s a hunting forum and most of the lads on here give out a little bit of friendly banter and piss taking , if your going get your nickers in a twist at such little comments this clearly isn’t going be the site for you 

• Like 1
On 23/05/2019 at 15:27, Dobbie said:

For some while now I've been wondering were all my crocus were going, seems fox's like eating their bulbs. 

Anyone else had this?

Tryed to upload the video but was to big I was shocked to find it was fox. Screenshot_20190523-152023.png.854501595953701a1596387c7124a60e.png

Take no notice of the stupid comments Robbie. Most of the old boys on here are a load of rednecks anyway. Semi domesticated. I've never heard of foxes digging bulbs up but we had one dig a shallow hole in the front lawn ? Why ? It's grass.  The Mrs is well hacked at the mo because a small rabbit has eaten the buds off of the low rose bushes. We have Seen the blighter on the cctv. It's days are numbered. I told her that she'd have to stand to on the step before dawn ready to control the little monster.

8 hours ago, Dobbie said:

If you don't have a dick a bull cross or a smashed up terrier your an anti or an imposter. 

Hang around prove em wrong and they will be like flies round shit wanting you to get your tits out, welcome to the Hunting Life by the way 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Respect is earned for all us no on here you could be anyone could be an anti could be a man pretending to be a woman to try and sneak into the secret squirrel club , however this isn’t a old lady’s/gent gardening web site it’s a hunting forum and most of the lads on here give out a little bit of friendly banter and piss taking , if your going get your nickers in a twist at such little comments this clearly isn’t going be the site for you 

I'm no anti and if and when I upload the video you will hear me telling my 4 year old son that it needs to be shot, I've done a lot of fox hunting on a horse before it was banned with dogs. 

I've not got my knickers in a twist but they have targeted me for a reason that I'm not going to disclose, I've just not took there shit that's all bang out of order I'm a genuine newbie and could of well been scared off. But as it was I was laughing me arse off at emm! 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, delswal said:

If you don't have a dick a bull cross or a smashed up terrier your an anti or an imposter. 

Hang around prove em wrong and they will be like flies round shit wanting you to get your tits out, welcome to the Hunting Life by the way 

I will prove them wrong cause they are! 

I don't have a smashed up terrier but I do have a very keen Bedlington whippit first cross called Dobbie lol defo no dick and I'm not doing photos to prove it before any one asks and I ain't got a clue what you on about with bull cross but that's why I'm here to learn. 

Edited by Dobbie

I will prove them wrong cause they are! 

I don't have a smashed up terrier but I do have a very keen Bedlington whippit first cross called Dobbie lol defo no dick and I'm not doing photos to prove it before any one asks and I ain't got a clue what you on about with bull cross but that's why I'm here to learn. 

Lol, bull x = greyhound crossed with a pitbull, you normally tell a bull x , the owner tends to wear Nike Air Max trainers lol

2 minutes ago, delswal said:

Lol, bull x = greyhound crossed with a pitbull, you normally tell a bull x , the owner tends to wear Nike Air Max trainers lol

Right got you lol rottie x with bed whips make right power houses same thing but rotties have the stronger bite 

Right got you lol rottie x with bed whips make right power houses same thing but rotties have the stronger bite 

rottie x bed would'nt catch a rabbit in phone box lol

Oh f**k me, we've got a dog woman - I give it a week before the spelling errors and 'pre-ban' posts start creeping in :rolleyes:

.......... Quick, run out and buy an air rifle - join the civilised part of THL :yes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, delswal said:

rottie x bed would'nt catch a rabbit in phone box lol

He's 16 now (accident litter) but he was better than any dog you got never trained him but new exactly what he was doing killed loads. Don't think it would matter what I say ya all gonna be c**ts anyways ? 

• Haha 1

He's 16 now (accident litter) but he was better than any dog you got never trained him but new exactly what he was doing killed loads. Don't think it would matter what I say ya all gonna be c**ts anyways ? 

Now Now that sort of language is not very forthcoming lol.