WORST .22lr "Field" Subs Ammo

Field SUBS ONLY please and not target rounds, just curious as to what peoples opinion of the worst .22lr Subs ammo is please.

Just to start the ball rolling, I'd say Remington!

Cheers

That’s three for Remington then? the last time I bought some Remington subs, half of them were HV’s in the same box?. They were cheap for a reason. I was more recently offered some cyclones for the grand sum of £2:25 box/50. I declined.

I have never tried Remingtons but for me Eley 38grn subs weren't great. They where accurate enough in my cz452 but didn't kill anywhere near aswell as the Winchesters, also really dirty.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, ianm said:

I have never tried Remingtons but for me Eley 38grn subs weren't great. They where accurate enough in my cz452 but didn't kill anywhere near aswell as the Winchesters, also really dirty.

Dont bother with Remington. It is total junk. I bought a thousand std velocity and they were all hypersonic. The crack tore the sky. Couldn't get better than a one foot group at 25 paces off of a rest. ...quote .... also really dirty. Dirty don't make any difference. Clean barrels never killed anything.  My rifle is good with anything but RWS is very good. I've got a brick of 42 grn Winchester to try so It is one that I can't comment about yet.

6 minutes ago, Meece said:

Dont bother with Remington. It is total junk. I bought a thousand std velocity and they were all hypersonic. The crack tore the sky. Couldn't get better than a one foot group at 25 paces off of a rest. ...quote .... also really dirty. Dirty don't make any difference. Clean barrels never killed anything.  My rifle is good with anything but RWS is very good. I've got a brick of 42 grn Winchester to try so It is one that I can't comment about yet.

I only use winchester 42grn ammo now, i used Winchester 40grn before that and haven't had any issues with either.

Oh!  and i like clean rifles.?

• Like 1

My little cz also didn’t like eley, they didn’t group well at all and seemed to be coated in something waxy, this was a long time ago and I’ve been told they have changed now, but once bitten twice shy

I'm starting not to like CCI, 3 shots last night 3 misses, but that's probably me, or need to re zero using the CCI as last zero was with Winny Subs which I really like. Think the the CCI subs have more velocity over the Winny subs. (could be talking bollocks and just need to zero again) 

I got the brick of 42gn wins from one of the son in laws. He bought them to run through his auto. but the larger bulbous nose collided with the  top edge of the chamber. This caused the round to be either bent L shaped or the tip to be rammed into the case. they run ok through my bolt although I have only shot about five of them to test them for feed problems. I bought them off him to clear his ticket so he could restock with something else. I just put them into my stock. My rifle shoots best with rws subs, but will shoot nearly anything.

23 hours ago, Brickhill said:

Remington generally crap, but I shot a load of vermin with their low power cbee round.

Me too Nigel, the only Remington’s I used to bother with really. Same with cci’s, I only use their cb longs these days. I found the segmented subs terribly inaccurate.