• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only the male bird calls Cuckoo, they can be very territorial and yes, when a Cuckoo call is heard they often fly around to see where the call is coming from... Taken weekend just gone by myself.

Had 2 different males coming to perches yesterday   

Posted Images

I think your on something. Calling a cuckoo lol. They are possibly one of the most solitary birds you could possibly find. I reckon you have collared doves flying round you at 20ft ffs. Get some pictures if they are that close. Next to Greyman it takes some believing. Jok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, zx12edge said:

Last couple week or so been having the cuckoos at it. Been calling them in and getting them flying around me at about 20 ft away . Any of you guys on here do it 

be careful calling cuckoos, you will have half of THL on ya doorstep 

• Haha 1

Several years since I saw a cuckoo, I do call in owls at night quite regularly and they are also a solitary bird so I,d not be quite as dismissive, but then some of us are a bit more open minded than others ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Strange but true. We have a little village , near Tamworth, called Dordon. No 1 fact the local pub was called the Cuckoos Rest and No 2 fact the locals are dubbed cuckoos. Now I'm not suggesting that things went on in another's nest but hey ho eh. Lol. Jok.

Just now, jok said:

Strange but true. We have a little village , near Tamworth, called Dordon. No 1 fact the local pub was called the Cuckoos Rest and No 2 fact the locals are dubbed cuckoos. Now I'm not suggesting that things went on in another's nest but hey ho eh. Lol. Jok.

Tamworth actually gets quite a few good sightings of the feline type, last one I heard of was a year or so back near the Fox inn I think, I,m off up there myself in a few weeks fishing ??

• Confused 1
9 minutes ago, jok said:

I think your on something. Calling a cuckoo lol. They are possibly one of the most solitary birds you could possibly find. I reckon you have collared doves flying round you at 20ft ffs. Get some pictures if they are that close. Next to Greyman it takes some believing. Jok.

Been doing it for years fella believe what you want  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 X Fox Inn pubs around Tamworth pal. One at Hopwas near the woods that back onto Whittington Barracks and the other in the village of Warton, which, sadly is now closed. I'm guessing the former. If you feel it might be worth a whirl, I can highly recommend Coton and Hopwas Club for a bit of good banter and damned good beer. Jok.

45 minutes ago, jok said:

2 X Fox Inn pubs around Tamworth pal. One at Hopwas near the woods that back onto Whittington Barracks and the other in the village of Warton, which, sadly is now closed. I'm guessing the former. If you feel it might be worth a whirl, I can highly recommend Coton and Hopwas Club for a bit of good banter and damned good beer. Jok.

An old friend of mine runs fisherwick fisherie so I try to go up a couple of times a year, but will be sleeping outdoors mate not in a pub but thanks for the heads up, a few tinny,s and a smoke round the fire with old mates perfect, think the fox pub that had the sighting was near a river ? There is a woman local that deals with sightings and such in or around Tamworth ??

• Like 1

explain how ,? i listen to the cuckoo in the forestry where i walk ,never knew they could be called in ,as a matter of fact i didnt know you could call owls in either ...very interesting topic

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jok said:

they don't fly all the way from Africa to be solitary...

they don't cuckoo for a laugh..never called them but guessing its males thinking its another male or interested females

• Like 1