Gone for it...

5 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

What job are you in 

I am an MEP Project Manager but an electrician by trade and generally handy at most practical things. My business is electrical contracting and commercial property maintenance which has been doing ok on side had a few lads working for me but need to push it more now. The free lance role is a PM but through my company aswell.

1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

I am an MEP Project Manager but an electrician by trade and generally handy at most practical things. My business is electrical contracting and commercial property maintenance which has been doing ok on side had a few lads working for me but need to push it more now. The free lance role is a PM but through my company aswell.

You’ll piss it . If you can’t make a go of it in that game there is something wrong. Building/ maintenance is going strong at the moment, so long as this government/ media don’t talk us into another recession . 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Well after 13years at the same firm making money for someone else I have decided to go for it with my own business. I have secured a short term freelance contract that should see a good start and get money through the books along with a fair bit of other works that I will manage from a distance. Actually set my business up about 11 months ago with a target of being employed by the business before end of this summer so on target so far.

Bit nervous as I've always had secure employment but I haven't been happy for a few years and it's not the way to carry on. Put my notice in today, shit or bust time!

If you don’t follow your dreams you will just end up living a nightmare mate and the only things guaranteed to fail are the things you don’t try, so I tip my hat to you and wish you every success, I,m selling everything to go and live on a boat at nearly 60, I would rather sink trying than sit here as death and the tax man circle round waiting to take everything, ✌️✌️✌️

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If you don’t follow your dreams you will just end up living a nightmare mate and the only things guaranteed to fail are the things you don’t try, so I tip my hat to you and wish you every success, I,m selling everything to go and live on a boat at nearly 60, I would rather sink trying than sit here as death and the tax man circle round waiting to take everything, ✌️✌️✌️

Respect mate .A part of me wants to go off grid but too much going on .Too many irons in too many fires .

It’s a bit like going off grid but in luxury, and as we are all seeing areas we grew up in turn into 3rd world slums having a home I can move about in is as good as it gets, depending on how long it lasts and how bad things get here I will have the option of taking my home abroad as well if I really need to, the canal de midi crosses France all the way down to the med and takes several years to do if you don’t rush, ✌️✌️

• Like 2

I’m very happy at moment mate ,off to Canada shortly ,Africa next year as well as fishing in Florida so doing something right .

i have a small building firm that employs 5 tradesmen and basically I work as and when I feel like it or the need arises .Mostly looking at jobs and the dreaded paperwork ,invoicing .

As long as the lads are busy ,I’m happy ,it’s the lean times that are stressful having to find work for them rather than lay off .

Still though ,part of me would love a house in Scotland with no neighbours  ,just to see out my days .

Maybe one day but not yet ,still loads to do and money to spend .

• Like 3