Gone for it...

Hope it works out mate , i was told in the first year you got to make enough money for 2 years as they throw grants at you in the first year then you really got to stand on your own in the second year when the grants stop 

• Confused 1
15 minutes ago, The one said:

Hope it works out mate , i was told in the first year you got to make enough money for 2 years as they throw grants at you in the first year then you really got to stand on your own in the second year when the grants stop 

No one told me about grants I've been funding it myself! 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

Well after 13years at the same firm making money for someone else I have decided to go for it with my own business. I have secured a short term freelance contract that should see a good start and get money through the books along with a fair bit of other works that I will manage from a distance. Actually set my business up about 11 months ago with a target of being employed by the business before end of this summer so on target so far.

Bit nervous as I've always had secure employment but I haven't been happy for a few years and it's not the way to carry on. Put my notice in today, shit or bust time!

Wish you every success. ??

Only way to be mate .Took that decision 28 years ago and business is booming ,3 holidays a year and all the time off I want .

Never had any grants mind so might be a modern thing .Watch you don’t have to pay back with silly interest .

The building trade has never been so good for us and long may it continue .

• Like 2